Civil / Structural Engineer
Energy, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables
If you are Civil and/or Structural Engineer with great communication and stakeholder management skills, are a pro-active and thrive in dynamic environments, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Working within our Energy business in Bristol, you will be working on a range of varied projects, cultivating strong working relationships with clients, working with confidence and professionalism.
You’ll have a strong technical background of civil or structural engineering projects and be a lateral thinker with a delivery focus.
A questioning mind and an ability to challenge and interrogate in different situations is a key part of this role. You’ll have an agile mind with an ability to adapt to different working scenarios.
Building strong and trusted relationships is an important aspect of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, you’ll be client focussed – being able interface with clients and understand their needs.
Specific requirements include:
• Degree qualified (with a degree accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers, or other recognised body)
• Working towards chartership with a recognised institution
• A strong technical background, including first principles analysis and knowledge and use of relevant UK and international codes and standards.
Experience of one, or more, of the following aspects is desirable:
• Design of concrete, steel and masonry structures using recognised codes and standards.
• Recognised training or experience with engineering software packages, preferably including FE analysis.
• Inspection or appraisal of existing concrete, steel and masonry structures.
• Design and validation of structural modifications.
• Design and analysis of structures under dynamic loading such as seismic or impact
Additional Information and Benefits
Travel to other Atkins premises and client sites will be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and outside of normal working hours to satisfy the requirements of the role.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Please refer to the Atkins website for details of our benefits package which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Flexible working options may be considered.
There may be opportunities for international travel.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Our passion for excellence in civil and structural engineering has earnt an exceptional reputation for delivering specialist, innovative and cost efficient solutions to some of the world’s most technically challenging problems.