We’re looking to recruit a Client Director with the ability to lead the division’s journey of further developing our partnership with Welsh Government, encouraging Atkins to contribute to the client’s success and to develop sustainable, long term relationships. You will be as confident and comfortable working with C-suite contacts, as with our own delivery teams, seeking opportunities to make connections for mutual benefit.
We’re looking for someone who gets a real ‘kick’ out of working with people (especially clients) – establishing rapport and relationships with others quickly and easily and likes nothing more than deepening these to form long lasting relationships. You thrive on making connections between people, instinctively making links and introductions to create greater value – for yourself, for the organisation and for the client.
People are at centre of what you do, focusing on and listening intently to what people say comes naturally to you. In response you provide winning solutions that all parties want to buy in to, bringing others round to your way of thinking because it adds real value.
You excel at paying attention to wider factors and the bigger picture that inform the decisions you make to achieve your objectives – making the right decisions quickly and easily. Being curious happens naturally though questioning and learning and supports your ability to always bring a different viewpoint and love to continually approach things in original and ingenious ways.
Taking responsibility for yourself, the decisions you make and being prepared to do what you have committed to do gives you immense pride, and you encourage all those around you to do the same.
You get satisfaction focusing on the needs and aspirations of our clients, going above and beyond what you need to do.
Does this sound like you? Do you feel a sense of excitement from reading this? In which case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
Details of the Role:
Our Transportation division offers a unique breadth of services which, with the combination of scale, makes us the leading UK transport consultancy. There is a significant opportunity to broaden our network, and bring more of our capabilities to both existing and new projects with the Welsh Government and their Trunk Road Agencies, as well as with Contractor Partners delivering for these clients and we look to do this by building long term durable strategic partnerships to yield significant benefits for all parties involved.
We offer the chance to drive our client engagement strategy across our division, maximising the potential from our people and new technologies to deliver even greater value for the Welsh strategic highways market. Value is created and delivered to this market from a national and international 3000+ strong team – working beyond the boundaries of the division to expand the expertise provided.
First and foremost we want to recruit the right person to the team. We will then always aim to work with individuals to make sure that their role plays to their natural strengths.
• Continue gaining in depth knowledge and understanding of the clients.
• Be the focal point both internally and externally for escalation and opportunities.
• Lead a virtual team of client technical leads from across Atkins.
• Develop growth opportunities.
• Own and improve overall project performance.
• Provide leadership and co-ordination of our Transportation opportunities in Wales, taking ownership of Strategic Highways opportunities and working with colleagues who focus on Local Transport and Rail markets.
Ideal candidates will have experience of working within the Transportation sector and be able to demonstrate their ability and experience of developing strategic relationships with clients, finding new ways to add significant value to the client’s agenda.
They will also have a good understanding of Key Account Management and first class service provision and will be able to demonstrate expertise and experience in the following areas:
• Building effective networks.
• Opportunity management (leading and winning).
• Operating within a target driven environment, successfully.
• Ability to communicate using a wide variety of mediums and at all levels throughout the client and Atkins organisation.
• Generate new business through new value propositions.
• High level of commercial awareness.
• Here is the chance for you to be part of the UK’s leading transportation consultancy and be part of shaping the future of Strategic Highways within Atkins, whilst we invest you as an individual.