Atkins are looking to appoint a Client Director to work closely with the UK Water Companies in Southern England (incl. Thames Water, Wessex Water and Southern Water) to build sustainable strategic relationships to yield significant benefits to both the clients and Atkins, by anticipating future requirements and developing compelling value propositions through internal capability and external professional collaboration. Identifying the addressable spend, driving growth in sales and margin across the Atkins portfolio of capabilities to win a greater share of the client budget.
- Extensive market, client and sales experience.
- Able to demonstrate experience of building effective networks both internally and external to the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate experience of developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to add significant value to the client’s agenda.
- Entrepreneurial in deeply understanding client needs and identifying high margin service offerings to cater for their particular issues and needs.
- Track record of leading and winning major work opportunities.
- Track record of leading and implementing change.
- Able to build and develop new relationships with clients and partners and establish professional collaborations.
- Strong presenting, negotiating and influencing skills.
- A pro-active decision maker with a confident yet diplomatic operating style - someone who deals easily with cultural diversity.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has strategic judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- A resourceful, articulate and clear communicator who has the ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense - a natural team player.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully operating within a target driven environment.
- Focused on Key Account Management and first class service provision in order to develop strong, long lasting relationships.
- Be the recognised client expert understanding in detail the client’s strategy, organisational design, key points of influence, culture, external drivers and their challenges, risks and opportunities.
- Be the recognised relationship lead for the client or divisions within a client, providing knowledge, resources and being the natural point of escalation for issues and opportunities.
- Lead the journey of developing a strategic partnership with the client, encouraging Atkins to contribute to the client’s success and developing a sustainable, long term relationship.
- Coordinate the Atkins resources that engage with the client. Create and coordinate a virtual team of client leads from other Divisions.
- Initiate a client stakeholder plan connecting up Atkins and the client at all relevant levels.
- Develop business plans by client in line with the overall market objectives.
- Develop growth opportunities outside the current projects, and seeking cross selling opportunities.
- Be an ambassador for Atkins: attending and speaking at relevant events, hosting workshops and generally leveraging opportunities to build greater awareness of Atkins.
- Identify the client drivers and needs to prioritise proposition and service development, working closely with business development and marketing colleagues.
- Be accountable for the overall client experience working to position Atkins as a leading, innovative and responsive supplier.
- Provide direction and coordination of existing account managers currently taking on the day to day interfacing with the Water Companies (eg Thames Water, Southern Water)
- Lead the journey to developing strategic partnerships with suppliers that compliment the Atkins value proposition to increase overall market share.
- Understand the different commercial delivery models used in the UK water sector to maximise value to client whilst growing the margin to Atkins.
- Share knowledge with the UK Water North and UK Water Central Client Directors to enhance the customer experience.
- Able to access and influence at senior level with ease. Builds lasting and durable strategic partnerships with the client, adding significant Atkins value to their agenda.
- Competitive, highly motivated and ambitious for the success of the team.
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying potential value creation.
- Proactive, goal oriented individual with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent team player, able to influence technical and delivery staff and collaborate effectively with other divisional colleagues.
- Naturally strategic, always looking for the next opportunity and testing the market for new ideas and propositions.
- Understands the importance of solid account planning, timely reporting and CRM administration.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification.