Atkins have recently defined a “One Atkins2020” organisational strategy. To support this strategy, Group Information Services have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way digital services and products are provided to the organisation, moving from a project focus to a product focus driving Business Value for the organisation. Key concepts include: moving to digital products, adopting agile across the organisation, leveraging cloud, and focus on creating new commercial models.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role is to create suitable pricing strategies to support successful creation, delivery and adoption of digital products and propositions that create value for our customers, clients and partners. Fulfilling the objectives of this role will drive increased operating profit and revenue performance to Atkins.
The aim of this role is to undertake appropriate market and cost analysis to ensure that Atkins’s propositions are correctly positioned in the market and commercially viable. Success in this role means that Atkins’s propositions’ prices are viewed as attractive and realistic by both sales and finance.
Pricing Development – under the guidance of the Global Product Director provide analysis that demonstrates the potential revenue and margin impact of a product or proposition launched by Atkins in a domestic, or global, market sector or to a key client.
Key activities include:
- In tandem with the Digital Commercial Strategy Director undertake market/competitor analysis to identify existing competitor product and proposition pricing
- Analysis with Digital Commercial Strategy Director of the external market opportunity for Atkins product, pricing strategy, promotion factors (such as USP, client value proposition)
- Analysis to assess and recommend internal practice opportunities for Atkins products.
- In partnership with Finance conduct cost and pricing modelling to support decision making on in-life and new products
- Understand high level details of product rationale driven from client requirements articulating market dynamics, problem, solution and benefits and ensure that these are reflected in the pricing strategy
- Produce pricing models that cover all channels to market appropriate to the product/proposition
- Review pricing strategy for launched products/propositions to establish whether it is still appropriate or needs updating or revising
- Provide business/financial modelling expertise to support bid responses
- Collaborate with Global Product Directors and Product Managers to develop pricing strategies to support proposition led engagements
- Support direct presentations to clients to aid in communication of products, propositions and pricing
The role requires robust understanding of a range of pricing strategies across a range of products, particularly in the technology arena, and the ability to translate that knowledge, and experience, into the Atkins portfolio.
The Pricing Manager should have commercial awareness from B2B and/or B2C environments, and can demonstrate their ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels. The Pricing Manager will probably be a qualified accountant, will have extensive experience and will be required to deputise for the Global Product Directors as required.
The Pricing Manager will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies and skills:
- The ability to use of a variety of approaches to product and proposition pricing
- The ability to think like a customer (pricing is about the value to the customer, not the cost to the supplier)
- Commercial Awareness – strong understanding of the drivers of commercial performance, in both, technology sales, and people consulting, business environments.
- Analytical Skills – strong attention to detail and ability to deal with ambiguity and apply logical, structured approaches to bring clarity. Experience of use case definition, market analysis, business/lean canvas, cost/benefit analysis. The ability to “mine” data and both understand the information generated and be able to communicate its implications Ability to identify key drivers and sensitivities in business models.
- Stakeholder Management – ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, and an aptitude for quickly developing relationships.
- Communication Skills – strong communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to articulate complex ideas to a range of audiences, simply. Flexible engagement style with ability to tailor according to the situation/audience e.g the ability to explain financial and pricing concepts to Product, Marketing and Sales and sell them of the appropriate pricing strategy.
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.