Due to continued growth we are now looking for Commercial Managers to support our Major Multi Million pound projects within the Transportation sector. We are flexible on location around the UK.
At Atkins we pride ourselves on providing solutions throughout a project’s lifecycle stages. This includes feasibility and planning, conceptual design, design development and implementation to full operation. By delivering sustainable policies, plans and processes, we strive to ensure that transport meets future economic, social and environmental expectations.
With global expertise in both the mass transit (including metros and light rail) and heavy rail markets, we enable our clients in the Transportation industry to realise their visions and achieve success from their capital investment programmes.
• Support the regional and divisional business leadership team, working closely with the operational leadership to pursue business goals
• Provide senior client interface at a regional level across projects and consultancy activity
• Develop and operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow in Atkins favour
• Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment applications
• Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes
• Guide and lead Project Management teams with advice and contractual support for project issues
• Lead the bidding process including the negotiation of favourable contract terms and conditions
• Manage the liaison of the commercial function with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and so on to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting functions and GRN etc.
• Ensure that adequate records are maintained in respect of project issues and commercial management processes
• Support Work Package Management ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are identified and appropriate action taken to minimise costs and liabilities
• Manage subcontract procurement and accounts
• Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
• Manage a team of Commercial staff including, QS and other support team members
• Ensure adherence to the company’s corporate governance, policies and procedures.
• Any other tasks assigned by Senior Management
•Appropriate Degree and/or other academic and/or professional qualification and experience of Commercial Management
• Knowledge/experience of the rail industry desirable
• Customer facing experience with a “win-win” philosophy and “can-do” attitude
• Good communicator at all levels, able to promote development of Atkins profile
• Commensurate IT skills
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.