The Construction Manager will be a qualified professional who has reached Director level and is capable of providing planning, leadership, direction and technical expertise to manage complex tasks and multidisciplinary projects.
In support of Qatar's National Master Plan 2030, Atkins is working with a local client on a major framework contract to transform the local roads and drainage of Doha. Atkins’s scope is to undertake all the engineering activities required to upgrade the existing local roads and drainage assets by using international best practice standards to achieve a world class environment to live and work in.
At Atkins, we invest in people who can deliver solutions to complex problems. Without the technical excellence of some 18,000 staff we would not be one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies. Our philosophy is to help our people navigate a career path which enables them to achieve their ambitions. We offer flexible, rewarding work packages tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence.
The successful candidate must:
have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent
be a Chartered Engineer
have more than 20 years’ experience with 7 being similar to this project/role.
Experience in managing large infrastructure projects in excess of QAR3 Billion in value
The Construction Manager will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
The Construction Manager will have:
- a demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multi-functional projects.
- excellent knowledge of construction techniques as well project controls procedures, quality and health & safety
- a “rounded profile”, comfortable with planning, analysis and managing process and commercial considerations.
- the ability to mobilise people and teams and drive for a successful delivery.
- experience in building good working relationships within complex structures both within projects, with clients and internally.
- Managing a multi-functional team responsible for delivering a large number of varied infrastructure projects in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- Managing key stakeholder interfaces which will include all departments within the client organisation as well as other government departments.
- Overall construction management and control.
- Monitoring consultants and contracts for compliance with their contractual responsibilities.
- Monitoring progress of the construction for compliance with schedule.
- Ensure delivery of projects to time, cost and quality and ensuring highest standards of Health & Safety are achieved.
- Ensure resources are appropriate to meet current and future commitments and to maximise opportunities.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
All applications will be reviewed based on the above criteria. Successful candidates will be required to attend an interview with Atkins and an interview with the end client to obtain approval.