CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – ARCHITECTURE/FINISHES/STRUCTURAL
The Construction Manager coordinates and supervises the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction/handing over, assuring the project is completed on time and within budget. The Construction Manager evaluates and helps determine appropriate construction delivery systems and the most cost-effective plan and schedule for completing the project.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
• The Ideal candidate will have a minimum qualification of Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent, having a minimum of 12 years’ experience in the industry.
• Demonstrate a high level of expertise in construction management.
• Good knowledge of local and international codes and standards
• Able to produce technical reports in English in a clear and concise form.
• Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients
The Construction Manager’s responsibilities include, not limited to:
• Prepare the Work Forms to be used in correspondence, application for payments, application for inspection of works, material submittals, technical submittals, etc. The contractor shall use such forms in his correspondence with the construction Manager.
• Monitor supervision consultant for compliance with their contractual responsibilities.
• Monitor suitability and availability of drawings and other data to ensure the contractor has the right information for the work in hand.
• Monitor labour levels and suitability of abilities for outstanding work items
• Monitor quality of product / information / coordination provided by the consultant
• Monitor the quality and timeliness of inspections carried out by the consultant.
• Ensure the contractor submit shop drawings, product data and samples, and coordinate them with information received from other contractors and transmit to the consultant for review.
• Monitor contractors for compliance with their contractual responsibilities.
• Monitor progress of the works for compliance with schedule.
• Monitor quality of the work installed for compliance with project standards
• Ensure that appropriate planning tools are implemented by the contractor, including an accurate two-weeks-look-ahead schedules.
• Ensure that materials for the works are submitted for approval on time, delivered on time and suitably stored on site prior to incorporation in the works
• Ensure that each contractor complies with the current coordinated method statement for coordinating with other contractors
• Monitor contractor’s compliance with HSE & security requirements
• Report regularly on the compliance of the contractors / consultants’ with all the above items.
• Assist commercial team to review and certify all applications for payment to the contractor, including final payment, and the consultant shall assist the construction manager in such review to check and certify the acceptance of works
• Construction manager together with the consultant shall, within (14) days from receiving the contractor's request, conduct an inspection of the Works or Section and submit a report comprising the result of the inspection to the owner within the said period
• The candidate must be skilled in dealing with people with different cultural and behavioural challenges within the various teams and successfully deal with them and yield the best results.
• Work proactively in a very challenging environment i.e. a demanding client, remote design teams, KSA statutory bodies, mitigating delays in the construction programme, extensive hours needed at times to meet client needs etc.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 days working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme (as per the Saudi Labour law)
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for Construction Manager to support our F+G business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end 31st January 2017.
Below is the link to apply for the job: