Faithful+Gould is a world leading property consultancy, offering a versatile blend of project, commercial, cost, asset and facilities management consulting expertise. With a turnover of £200 million, Faithful+Gould is staffed by 2,000 experienced professionals operating from an international network of offices in Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. We are also a member of the Atkins Group, the UK’s largest engineering consultancy and the 4th largest multidisciplinary consultancy in the world. Faithful+Gould is a company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are now looking for a client focussed, commercially aware consultant, with a background in cost management (Quantity Surveying) or due diligence or project monitoring, to join our Consult team in Stockton, who provide advice across contract and claims, procurement, and PFI/PPP services.
More about what our team does…….
Our PFI/PPP consulting centre-of-excellence provides services to lending organisations in the UK, Europe and across the rest of the world – providing due diligence and project monitoring services helping Lender clients to understand the risks inherent in their investments and how to manage those risks. The Stockton Office is the forefront of our national PFI Due Diligence business covering all sectors and with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality advice to funders and bidding consortia.. Our focus is on the provision of technical advice to Funders on PFI/PPP projects, from initial due diligence reviews to construction and operational phase monitoring.
For the right candidate, the role provides a significant opportunity for career growth and progression. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate relevant experience of due diligence and/or monitoring in respect of PFI/PPP projects; in the absence of any relevant monitoring experience the candidate should be able to demonstrate an appropriate background in quantity surveying of construction works across a number of sectors, as a PQS for example, together with experience of asset management of completed buildings;
With the support of your team and senior colleagues, your experience in providing commercial construction advice to the industry will help us to continue to deliver a premium service to our clients, help maintain successful client relationships and secure new business in this sector.
To join us you’ll have:
- Already have or be working towards membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Experience in commercial construction management, with a strong track record of delivery working with PQS and/or contractors
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients
- Good communication skills with ability to prepare and edit written reports
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- A sound technical surveying knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability
- Able to offer guidance to clients in technical and contractual obligations and duties.
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient administration of project accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to construction projects
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Experience of project management of multidisciplinary working would be an advantage;
- Developing and maintaining our reputation through developing business opportunities.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, to help build and maintain client confidence.
- Act as the technical adviser including leading multi-disciplinary teams and reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project within our portfolio.
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements.
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations.
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situations and advising the client accordingly.
What can we offer you?
• A very competitive salary
• Being part of an award winning, collaborative team
• 25 days’ annual leave - The option to buy up to 15 days’ additional annual leave per annum
• Car Allowance
• Professional Development Programme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Private Medical Cover
• Attractive pension scheme
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Personal accident cover
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Give as you earn scheme
• Bike to work scheme
• Discounted gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant, and high performing team.
Click apply if you’re interested in joining the Consult PFI/PPP team here at Faithful Gould