The ADS&T business provides a wide range of consultancy services addressing IT Enabled Business Change: policy and regulatory advice, strategy and planning, complex programme and project management, change management, performance improvement, HR strategies, IT systems solutions and IT managed services. We work with a wide range of clients in the public and private sector we can offer individuals an interesting and diverse career.
We are seeking an experienced Consultant PMO Lead to join our P3M practice. To be successful in this role you are likely to have gained experience in a leading industry or consultancy practice, ideally in strategic and/or complex environments for medium to large scale organisations. You will have managed multi-million pound Portfolio budgets and have strong stakeholder management experience.
Key areas of this role are;
• Shaping & driving client strategy, formulating a firm demand pipeline based on agreed solutions to business requirements and aspirations
• Hands on approach to delivery, working with key stakeholders on a daily basis, to initiate, deliver and manage end to end delivery of projects & programmes
• Supporting clients in successful planning of a complex portfolios of change, including resource planning & management, financial planning & delivery scheduling
• Working with internal Atkins teams, shaping client propositions & supporting winning new business.
As part of the Atkins team, you will be expected to make a contribution to practice development activities, such as thought leadership, brand development, innovation & contribution to strategy.
This position is based in the London or Bristol office, however travel will be required to work from other Atkins offices or client locations around the UK.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
· Developing organisational project management standards and best practices
· Develop Target Operating models for the PMO including roles, responsibilities & accountabilities
· Identifying, selecting and appointing internal and external resources and expertise
· Supervision of project office staff
· Engagement and lead the collaboration with business areas
· Develop ‘one-truth’ Project Management Information
· Develop Project lifecycle heartbeat - ensuring all projects are progressing according to timelines, targets and expectations
· Advising leadership and business management on the project portfolio, status and resource planning
· Data gathering and analysis, using appropriate tools, and contributes to deliverables and outputs through creative thinking and innovative ideas.
· You will be expected to build client relationships at local level and understand the need to help to identify & develop business opportunities.
· A proven record in delivery
· Natural leader able to demonstrate management & influencing skills within client organisations
· In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle together with comprehensive delivery tools, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes etc,
· Experience of establishing and leading PMO for change functions / programmes
· Ability to motivate and lead a strong programme team
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to lead, consult & advise in equal measure
· Resilient under pressure
· Consultative style balanced by strong delivery focus, able to vary management style if required
· Possess critical and analytical thinking and attention to detail.
· Possess problem-solving, planning and time management skills.
· Good understanding of structured frameworks & methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, P3O, AGILE, MSP, ITIL)
· Passion around customer focus, delivering results, continuous improvement, gains respect from clients & develops deep relationships
· Strong presentation skills, including ability to communicate effectively with all levels
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.