Atkins is looking for Consultants who specialise in Project Management to join the team.
The key assets in our business are the right people and our continued success depends upon recruiting and retaining talented professionals from a multitude of backgrounds. We are as committed to diversity as we are to excellence.
It is essential you possess well developed written and verbal communication skills, and can demonstrate strong stakeholder skills and/or have consultancy experience.
Working from within our P3M Practice, you will primarily work as a client facing member of a project team.
Much of your work will be with our Security and Intelligence clients. Experience in the security sector would be an advantage.
You will be given significant responsibility for client-facing work from day one. All our Consultants are expected to have regular interactions with clients and to support senior colleagues in delivering specific project outputs. Consultants are also expected to make a contribution to Practice and business development. This may include being part of a bid team as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets
You will be representing Atkins to our clients, so it is key that our values and ways of working are demonstrated within the role:
- Experience of leading and motivating teams towards successful delivery
- Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide help where required
- Communication – High emotional intelligence - listens and questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning/listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at higher and lower levels
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt approach to individual situations and remain calm under pressure
- Willing to work flexible working week if required. Understand the needs and constraints of projects, and have the ability to flex around these constraints
- Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer services to our external and internal customers
- Achievement – Looks to exceed client aspirations and works to goals and manages obstacles. Energy, pride and determination in meeting targets and overcoming challenges
- Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, break down work into key tasks and activities
- Development – Wants to continually develop new skills and undertake personal training and CPD
- An innovative and hands-on approach with the ability to recognise and respond to opportunities within the business
- Ethics and integrity – uphold Atkins high professional standards at all times
- Advocacy – be an ambassador for our wider business at all times
- Collegiate – Manage client demands whilst contributing to the development of the P3M Practice
- You will be able to meet a number of the following technical competencies:
- Strong track record of delivery excellence in a project management role using PRINCE2 (practitioner level) or an equivalent structured method across the full project lifecycle (including Business Case Development definition, initiation execution, Transition to Operations and closure ), managing costs, quality and schedules
- Developing highly productive working relationships with key customers and suppliers at all levels
- Holding or working towards Prince 2 Practitioner or APMP
- Managing Successful Programmes Foundation, Practitioner would be ideal
- Good understanding of Business Change and experience of managing projects where successful Business Change is a key element is desirable
- Practical experience of Agile / Scrum would be highly desirable
- Comfortable working with complexity and uncertainty
- Advanced Excel skills would be highly desirable
- Able to realistically estimate work effort required to accomplish project tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to create documents/reports/processes appropriate to the needs of the recipient
- Ability to follow and control processes accurately
- Able to demonstrate organisation ability, time management and prioritising work load
We believe that our staff are key to our success. As a Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in 2015 and as one of the Top 50 Employers for Women 2015, Atkins has a generous benefits scheme for all of our employees. Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.