The Transport Asset Management Practice forms part of the Consultancy Practice within Transportation.
Atkins provides consultancy services for asset management to Highways England, Transport Scotland, local highway authorities in the UK and overseas. We advise the DfT and HMEP on the development and implementation of asset management including the development of national guidance in asset management. We also have a key role in supporting the development of asset valuation for local authorities in the UK. In addition we undertake research and technical consultancy work related to asset management. We have a group of highly specialised engineers and mathematicians who support this work nationally and internationally.
A vacancy exists for an asset management consultant to support the growth of our asset management work. This position will involve working, as part of a team, with clients in the public sector to develop and implement asset management policies and practices including data management, lifecycle planning and forward planning. It will also include advising on the implementation of national guidance and dissemination of best practice. The main focus of the role will be to support project teams in the delivery of projects but will also include supporting project bidding.
This position will be based at our Birmingham office in the UK.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant degree
- Membership of a relevant professional institution or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status or equivalent
We require experience of:
- Knowledge backed by experience of infrastructure asset management practices in the UK
- Working in asset management either in an advisory role for a consultant or in the delivery of maintenance activities for a maintenance contractor
- Experience in the implementation of asset management systems and interpretation and analysis of results of such systems
- Experience in delivering projects and meeting client expectations
- Understanding national asset management drivers as well as that of individual stakeholders
- Working knowledge of ISO55000
- Experience of working with a variety of UK clients
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of asset management and the implementation of national guidance
- Must be able to work in a client facing environment, with good communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Supporting the delivery of a variety of projects in the field of asset management
- Contributing to developing our skills and expertise in asset management