Contract Cost Manager
Our Canadian team is growing! This will be a fulltime position located at our client site for a specified amount of time. This position serves as the client’s main contact for providing cost management services, including invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management, close out administration, procurement management, earned value and value engineering. Work involves complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #13 largest Project Management Company and #11 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
- Reviews and issues cost reports to the construction team.
- Reviews the cash flow and issues, with the cost report, to the client’s finance/construction team.
- Reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Ensures all invoices are being processed by the cost team.
- Provides procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Leads the bi-weekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- Provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
- With minimal supervision and where necessary, assists the client with any cost information relating to legal issues due to non performance by the contractors or engineering services and mechanical liens etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
• seven years relevant experience
• Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations.
• Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status.
• Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and/or schedules.
• Experience in commercial, industrial, refinery, semi-conductor, and/or pharmaceuticals is preferred.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, Skire, VersaPro, etc. and ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and cost management applications.
• Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects is preferred.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould an ATKINS company is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.