Our Canadian Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least seven years of experience as a Scheduler in the energy sector, we would like to connect with you.
The role is based at a client project site in Pickering or Darlington, ON for a specified time frame.This role prepares and updates bar chart or critical path method (CPM) schedules, while leading scheduling staff, the project team and stakeholders with time management and controls.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #13 largest Project Management Company and #11 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
- Establishes criteria for schedule development (schedule detail, work breakdown structure [WBS], etc.).
- Develops and updates summary level as well as detailed schedules.
- Develops lists of design, procurement, construction and post construction activities based on review of design documents, examination of site conditions and discussions with Owners, design consultants and contractors.
- Identifies major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items.
- Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Develops realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Assigns resources (cost, labor or material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms.
- Evaluates critical and near critical path activity sequences.
- Assesses actual progress based on site inspections.
- Identifies schedule changes and trends.
- Develops earned value reports.
- Suggests corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
- Prepares time and cost delay claims.
- Supports risk allocation and value engineering workshops.
- Prepares scheduling specifications.
- Reviews architect and contractor prepared schedules.
- Prepares post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or related field
- Seven years relevant experience
- Excellent understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations
- Excellent understanding of earned value concepts, calculations, and rules of credit
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products a plus
- Experience in analyzing contractor-prepared delay claims
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.