Due to numerous recent contract awards we are looking to grow our Utility Management Solutions business in order to help us cope with our clients demands.
There are several roles across our Utilities Co-Ordination function to provide administrative support and provide a point of contact for internal and external clients.
Please see http://utilitymanagementsolutions.co.uk/ for more details on the services we offer.
To assist in the production and completion of utility search reports for internal (Atkins) and external clients
Respond to plant enquiries for a major mobile phone network
- Ensure all new requests/orders are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with business processes
- Checking maps produced by colleagues or utilities, as well as obtaining maps from various GIS systems when required
- General administration, e.g. filing, opening post, scanning, making paper reports and data input
- Correspondence with clients such as order confirmations and forwarding responses
- Where needed liaise with other teams/clients/utility companies to resolve issues (i.e. missing or wrong plans)
- Monitor in-coming and out-going workload, and inform the Service Delivery Leads/Team Leader of any issues
- To be a competent user of the various systems / databases
- To assist Team Leader/Service Delivery Leads with any staff training.
- Build up relationships with Utility Companies
- Assist with invoicing, quotes and payments when needed
- Assist in procurement of utility plans
- To carry out additional ad hoc activities as required by line manager
Essential Skills and Experience required to undertake role
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent standard or similar- Desirable
- Computer literate- previous use of Microsoft packages or similar
- Conscientious, attention to detail, customer focused, able to prioritise workload, good communicator both verbal and written
- Experience in a NRSWA/Utility company environment - Desirable
- Enthusiastic, able to adopt a flexible approach to varying workload.
- Full clean driving licence – Desirable
- Ability to identify, analyse, prioritise and resolve problems
Personal Characteristics Required
- Able to work as a member of a team as well as individually
- Attention to detail and work with the minimum supervision.
- Adaptable to change
Any Special Requirements
- Overtime may be required.
- Rota for 9.30am to 5.30pm shift
- Flexibility to assist other teams
- Flexible working will be considered
- BS clearance will need to be obtained