We are growing and are looking for solid Cost Managers with experience on large capital construction projects in the manufacturing sector. The ideal candidate is proficient with cost management with 5-10 years of experience and live within commuting distance or be willing to relocate to upstate New York. The Cost Manager will support the project team and Program Director by tracking, analyzing and reporting costs on a daily basis using a variety of tools and resources. Advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
Faithful+Gould is a leading project management consultancy protecting and maximizing our clients’ interests in the planning and delivery of capital projects. Operating at the forefront of our industry for more than 60 years, we provide a blend of services to the public and private sectors.
We are dedicated to providing innovative solutions by combining professional knowledge and skills with our diverse employees to deliver ‘constructive expertise’ to every project. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships, while striving to optimize our clients’ project planning, delivery and operations, regardless of the size, environment or industry. Time and again, we are complimented on our depth of resources and expertise across multiple geographic markets coupled with the ability to provide the personal service of a local firm. Our expert and unique approach is focused on enhancing the value of each project with our services to clients in a wide variety of markets.
Provide cost management services including invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management, close out administration, procurement management, earned value and value engineering.
- Prepare and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff. Qualifications:
- Review the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff.
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Review invoices for the project and ensure that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- Provide procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Overview and report to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Attend bi-weekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- Provide cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Carry out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
- Review contractors close out administration and ensure they meet their contractual requirements.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional the tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus five years relevant experience.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities.
- Must have people management experience.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Excel.
- Unit Rate experience is preferred
- Semiconductor experience is a plus
Faithful+Gould an ATKINS company is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability