We are looking for an experienced Country Team Leader to form a part of Site Supervision project team, based on a large defence and telecoms project in Saudi Arabia. The main objective of the Site Supervision team is to implement and manage the overall site supervision, which includes telecom & infrastructure enhancement works. The Country Team Leader is responsible for the leadership, direction, management and performance of a site supervision team and shall be expected to assist the Client in any way possible to ensure the project is completed to the required timescales and within their stated budgets. The project is expected to last for 18 months.
- The Country Team Leader’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client Liaison;
- Manage Site Supervision Team in Saudi Arabia.
- Interface with the Site Supervision team and all key stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate with the Regional and Sectional team leaders on a regular basis to review project forecasts and ensure consistency with scheduled projections.
- Responsible for reporting of timely progress status information in accordance with Programme Governance principles.
- Monitors measurable key performance indicators (KPI), meets KPI targets and seeks continual improvement within the team;
- Extend the maximum possible effort to avoid contractor(s) claim for cost and/or delay.
- Works with the Regional and Sectional team leaders to provide input and execute continuous process improvement tasks in site supervision processes to increase quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Ensure that the main contractor and nominated contractor coordinate with all concerned authorities, departments and ensure that their requirements are adequately and satisfactorily incorporated;
- Attend progress meeting with the employer to monitor the progress of work against the approved programme;
- Issue to the contractor(s) the necessary orders and instructions to execute the works in accordance with the contract documents. Instruct contractor(s) in writing to take corrective measures to rectify any defective works and/or materials. Note any instruction with financial implication and consult the employer if required;
- Prepare all information in coordination with employer/head office and issue it in a timely manner for the proper interpretation of works designed
- Upon successful testing and commissioning of all equipment and the contractors obtaining the necessary completion certificates from statutory authorities, notify the Employer;
- Prepare all necessary correspondence required for proper administration of the contract to and from the employer and contractor;
- Process of contractor’s interim payment application and issue the certificate.
- Review with the employer claims made by contractor(s), provide technical information as required and make recommendations;
- Manage the overall coordination of inspection cover to suit requirements (night/overtime working);
- Carry out the final inspection for certification of final completion and handing over of the works.
- Manage the overall coordination of leave amongst site staff in conjunction with sectional team leader.
- Provision of leave cover for Regional Team Leaders on all projects.
- Monitoring project cost and budgets;
- Directing regular meetings with the Regional and Sectional team leaders of each sectors to ensure their profitability and efficiency.
- Raising invoices/chasing payments;
- Responsible for safe working environment and Implement Quality/HSE management systems relevant to all areas.
- Operate autonomously at multiple locations;
- Performs other duties as required and assigned;
- Good organisational and man management skills.
- Effectively handles and manages confidential and sensitive information;
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
- Possess 20 years of experience and at least 5 years’ experience in the Middle East, preferably Saudi Arabia;
- Extensive experience on ISP and OSP.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical regulations
- Knowledge of local service providers’ standards and requirements
- Experience working in Construction sector and on supervision projects.
- Preferably with experience of Military/Defence, Telecom and/or working on supervision project/s;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision;
- Project Management Skills
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
- Western Educated, native English speaker - first language.
Rewards and Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days paid annual leave + KSA statutory holidays Life Assurance Scheme (based on 5 day working week)
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Medical and Life insurance Cover
- Accommodation and Transport Allowance
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offer of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for a Country Team Leader to support our Atkins business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end of April 2017.