We are looking to recruit an innovative and passionate Film Maker to join our Creative Design team. Although the role is based in Birmingham you will work with a national team to build upon pre-existing skills and learn from other creatives in a fast-paced, progressive environment.
About the Creative Design team
Creative Design is not a typical in-house team. We consist of over 50 designers, developers and visualisers, working on a huge variety of products, from events and editorial to virtual reality and interactive platforms. We work collaboratively with Atkins' teams, to get to the heart of a problem in order to add value and innovation to everything we do. We pitch, script, film and edit promotional corporate pieces consisting of events filming, sales pieces, instructional films and other films of a similar nature.
What we need
The ideal candidate will possess a strong portfolio of film work, demonstrating a cinematic eye and a sound understanding of what goes into creating promotional/corporate films. It’s key that the candidate is proficient with using c100 or similar and is able to use Premiere Pro to a high standard. We work on a range of projects and are always looking to impress with our work. We need somebody like-minded, who is passionate about what they do and who is willing to work as part of a committed and inter-dependent team. It’s vital they they’re not a clock watcher, and that they’re willing to sometimes be flexible with their hours to ensure a job is done well. The film team travel a lot around the UK and so it’s crucial that they’re willing to travel with us. Ever proactive, they should be looking to innovate, using any available time to research and analyse best film techniques and solutions, as well as improve upon their skill set to make themselves a valuable member of the team.
Day to day duties will include -
- Working from briefs in order to create engaging films.
- Carrying out shoots with one of the senior film makers.
- Editing footage in Premiere Pro.
- Uploading and logging footage.
- Applying colour grades to completed films.
- Communicating ideas for development at team meetings.
- Pitching film and motion ideas to clients.
All applicants must send an online show reel or portfolio to be considered for this role.
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- Advanced experience using Premiere Pro.
- Media Encoder proficiency.
- Able to shoot with c100 or similar.
- Fit and able to carry out shoots and assist with moving setting up sometimes heavy filming equipment.
- Friendly and able to work as part of a team.
- Sound recording experience.
- Experience on professional photography shoots.
- Colour Grading knowledge.
- Storyboarding experience.
- After Effects knowledge.
- Experience of organising professional shoots.
- Full driving license.
- Ability to direct professional actors.
- Graphic design awareness or knowledge.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to website for details of our full benefits package.