This role involves collecting money that is due to Atkins from their clients on a timely basis, predominately via telephone, but also using statements and delinquency letters and email as and when required.
Technical and Professional Experience
To have worked in a Collections/Credit Control environment.
Intermediate level in order to create spread sheets and maintain databases when required.
Basic level in order to create written communication and reports.
Ability to handle all types of calls, whether internal or external, in a polite, helpful and informative manner
Intermediate level in order to communicate with Customers via email.
Behavioural Competencies Customer Awareness -
Recognising the differences between external and internal customers and the importance of both.
Ability to deal with all types of Customer queries and disputes within your role.
To communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
Dealing with problems Willingness to help and resolve internal and external customer issues.
Ability to collate relevant information to help internal or external customers.
Willingly cooperates and supports all team members, appreciates being part of a wider SSF team.
- To assist in the collection of external customer debt.
- To inform and resolve any issues or disputes on external Customer accounts that may prevent payment.
- To build internal Customer relationships to assist in the Credit Control role.
- To build external Customer relationships to assist in the collection of cash.
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken against accounts that are in default, in line with the Credit Control procedure.
- To maintain Customer account records to communicate previous actions taken.
- To demonstrate ability to meet the monthly cash target both individually and as a team.
- To advise Atkins Business Units of any potential issues or problems that may arise on external Customer accounts.
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.