Atkins is one of the leading names in the field of Surface Water Management and shaping the dialogue within the UK and internationally in how we work together to overcome the challenges this topic creates.
By joining our vibrant Warrington team you will joining a multi-disciplinary team with a national remit to work with a variety of clients including water companies, local authorities and major projects.
You will work closely with a technical expert in their field and develop into the main point of contact for Surface Water Management and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS), providing technical expertise, mentoring our graduate engineers and liaising with key clients across the field.
If you are a Civil Engineer with experience in Surface Water Management or SUDS then we would be keen to see whether this is the right challenge for you
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or related subject
- Attained or working towards chartered status (ICE or CIWEM)
- Appropriate experience post graduation (minimum 3 years)
- Experience of wastewater network engineering including the design and specification of gravity and pumped systems
- Experience in drainage design including Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS)
- Knowledge of industry standard drainage and wastewater networks design
- Competence in the use of AutoCAD and Hydraulic modelling – Windes Microdrainage
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget
- First class written and oral communication skills
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost effective solutions for our clients
- Competence in the use of Civil3D
- Experience working on a Design & Build environment
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects including the use of web based technology for sharing on screen information
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of drainage design and SuDs solutions, from planning to construction
- Sound commercial understanding
- Team builder, developing the technical excellence of our team.
- Able to develop and motivate others
- Proven record of developing client relationships
- Lead the planning and design of wastewater networks projects including gravity and pumped networks and sustainable drainage features
- Undertake hydraulic designs of wastewater networks using appropriate software and maintain high levels of awareness and application of developments in software packages
- Provide technical advice on SuDS to different Clients
- Project and design management of schemes, delivering projects to time and to budget
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to market Atkins’ SUDS expertise to working groups comprising representatives of national and local government
- Maintain high levels of awareness of the implementation of changes in legislation affecting flooding and surface water management and assist with the identification and development of resulting business development opportunities
- Prepare financial and technical proposals for project opportunities
- Supervision, management and technical development of junior members of the team
- Client and stakeholder interface
- Co-ordination with other disciplines working on the projects and site team
The successful individual will be looking to develop professionally and will, as a minimum, be working towards chartered membership of an appropriate institution. He/she will be highly self motivated and proactive and will be able to demonstrate an ability to work closely with others in a variety of project roles. He/she will be knowledgeable about changes in the Water Industry and their implications on design and performance criteria. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable “can-do” attitude and will have an awareness
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.