Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects.
Our skills include the expansive area of Architecture and Interior Design for which we are looking for candidates to join our design studios who are excited about working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Our portfolio comprises a broad range of project types, including hospitality, office, commercial, transport, residential, retail and regeneration and civic projects. Ranging from small heritage buildings to massive complex mixed-use projects and large scale master plans.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily activities of the Desk Side and Technology Support Team and assume responsibility for the recruitment, training, objectives setting and personal development reviews of team members
- Lead and motivate local IS staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results; coaching employees
- Manage and prioritise all 2nd line incidents and requests according to defined SLAs - ensure 100% adherence to RFS & INC Best Practice guidelines
- Provide customers with continual and regular updates throughout the management of their incidents and requests
- Ensure teams take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Manage the troubleshooting of a range of technology and telephony issues: investigating, diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution
- Provide operational services to the business to ensure maximum levels of user support and system availability
- Manage all hardware delivery to end users
- Support the set-up of new offices, sites or projects across region
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with Group IS Staff
- Management of local stock and keep the Global Hub informed of changes
- Plan, organize, track and record the supply of IT equipment, as per agreed Asset Management procedures and processes.
- Managing the recycling of all redundant IT equipment and technologies, ensuring correct disposal according to Asset Disposal Policy
- Act as an escalation point for 2nd Line support issues within region
- Build a close working relationship with the technical services teams in order to ensure the communication and resolution of problems and incidents
- Develop working relationships across Group IS, and necessary Atkins Business Units, to support growth, joint ventures and fast track projects
- Create a performance culture throughout the team
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment rooms and conference room IS facilities, mitigate risks arising from audits, fire, safety or other risk assessments
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement and development, in terms of efficiency, customer satisfaction and technical knowledge.
- Work closely with the Global Services Asset Manager to ensure robust processes are in place to support effective asset management and stock control processes
- Promote and develop cross skilling amongst the team
- Act as an escalation point for service issues
- Collaborate with global IS teams in different regions and time zones to come up with effective solutions for customer issues
- Engage with Regional IS Service Teams to ensure knowledge and consistency of processes and procedures (and determine business demand)
- Manage and review processes defined in the IS Business Management System
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action
- Develop, review and improve processes to maximize efficiencies within the team
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover where needed.
- At least 7 years’ experience of IT Service Management principles and processes
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of working in a Corporate IT environment
- Solid understanding of hardware and software asset management processes
- Knowledge of the Configuration Management Database to ensure key hardware information is aligned with Key Services
- Understanding of the Change Management Process
- Experience of working to (and exceeding) Service Level Agreements
- Broad technical understanding of IS services being supported
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Strong business focus and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of database/excel structures/tables/configurations
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills
- Effective stakeholder relationship management skills
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills (the ability to think logically through a problem) and must have the initiative, perseverance and commitment to see problems through to resolution
- Ability to motivate and improve the overall team performance and service levels
- Good command of English
- Qualifications: Certification from Microsoft
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Support
- Working knowledge of Service Now