The Transportation UK&E division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our Highway, Rail & Local Transport teams into a single business of 3,000 talented engineers and professionals. The transport infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in projects such as high speed rail, designing major new road schemes and upgrading our existing networks to deliver future demand. Our consultants are working with government and local authorities to develop integrated transport strategies to ensure the urban areas we live in continue to thrive.
The unique breadth of services in transport combined with our scale makes us the leading UK transport consultancy who can inspire our people and collaborate with our clients to ensure we continue to shape the future of transport.
As part of our growth we are seeking a Digital Engineering Director, a creative thinker with an innovative mind-set, who looks to develop new services and products for clients through different applications of technology
- Lead the development and adoption of new technologies and ways of working with a strong focus on the application of data management and automation to meet client needs and improve our efficiency/effectiveness.
- Leadership of the development and delivery of the Transportation Digital Engineering strategy and framework - Framework to be developed in first 100 days.
- Improve the consistency with which our projects are mobilised to embrace digital ways of working and effective information management, including the establishment of Common Data Environments and the creation of BIM Execution Plans, taking into account client specific requirements.
- Working with our business change team help develop a strong digital culture across the division. Act as a catalyst to encourage agile and organisationally disruptive ‘post-bureaucratic’ technical networks to embed collaborative digital excellence on the ‘shop floor’.
- Identify synergies with digital groups in the other UK&E Divisions and the broader Atkins group, collaborate as appropriate and review and utilise tools already in existence.
- Optimise the use of the Global Design Centre in delivering Transportation's digital strategy.
- Support the Engineering Technical Director in developing technical excellence by improved delivery excellence and differentiation:
- Delivery excellence - drive standardisation to achieve right first time cost efficiency and consistent quality of deliverables across the practices to deliver better project experiences for our clients
- Differentiation - develop innovative intellectual capital and rare skills within a client intimacy / technical excellence framework to create differentiated services for which clients are prepared to pay a premium
- Work with and support the team of Professional Heads of Discipline (PHoDs) and Technical Authorities (TAs) within the practices to promote automation and achieve best-in-class digital delivery by our technical disciplines.
- Leads and communicates the Division’s approach to digital technology and automation
- Drive the digital agenda across the practices
- With Practice Directors, ensure our digital skills and capacity meet the needs of our target markets
- Where skills are not available in-house identify external alliance partners and subcontractors to deliver project needs
- Drive automation and innovation in service delivery, ensuring it is commercially viable through liaison with the Markets to understand and influence our contractual arrangements.
- Support the development of digital value propositions led from the markets, business developments or technical practices.
- Facilitate development of a strong digital culture in our project teams and technical practices.
- Be Transportation’s primary point of coordination with other Digital Engineering/CAD/BIM communities across the Group including GIS and Global Design Centre.
- Understand the consultancy offerings from across the Group in Information Management and BIM and ensuring the insight and learning is understood and appropriately deployed across the Division
- Develop and own the delivery of Transportation’s Digital Engineering Strategy including our approach to Information management and BIM. To include the selection and consolidation of preferred tools used across the Division, such as for CDEs (Common Data Environments).
- Identification and support to opportunities and projects where the adoption of new technologies and ways of working will have a significant impact.
- Ensuring we have a clear defined approach to Digital Plan of Works and BIM Execution Plan (BEP) on design projects
- Determining requirements for new projects and support project leaders in mobilisation as necessary, working closely with Transportation’s Project Delivery Practice.
- Capturing Transportation requirements for digital systems and tools, taking into account client systems and requirements, and facilitating the creation of business cases to obtain internal funding.
- Facilitating determination of the optimal software packages for delivery of our disciplines and the optimal combination of these packages at different stages of the project
- Working with the Practices to embed use of our preferred tools and processes
- Assessing breadth of ability in Information Management, 3D modelling plus 4D, 5D & 6D capabilities and create a plan for development of teams
- Reviewing each discipline for opportunities to standardise modelling, introducing libraries and introducing parametric modelling of repeating components like gantries; facilitating implementation of new tools
- Harnessing new technologies and the enthusiasm of technology-orientated staff
- A “digital native” with a good understanding of digitally based applications on engineering projects
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role, preferably in a network role spanning across vertical groups
- Experience in developing and implementing a Digital Strategy for a large business
- Experience of leading Digital Engineering/ Information Management/ BIM throughout the full project lifecycle
- Experience of working with relevant industry standards
- Understanding of Change Management including LEAN techniques
- Relevant experience of industry working groups and best practice forums
- Understanding of multidisciplinary projects
- Strong entrepreneurial mind-set
- Customer centric
- An inclusive leadership style
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative networking behaviours to interface and influence technical, practice, market and project leaders, and other digital stakeholders across a wide organisation
- Strong financial acumen and ability to direct self-investment within tightly controlled budgets
- Relevant Chartership and/or membership of professional institution(s) with professional registration as appropriate.