The importance of the highway network to the national economy, and the service it provides is well recognised. Asset Management is widely accepted as the most effective and efficient way for managing our highways network, the most valuable public asset.
Atkins has been the leading consultancy in Transport Asset Management in the UK for over 10 years. Our team is working with the Department for Transport to develop the national policy for embedding asset management, produce guidance and tools and provide support to practitioners.
We also work with all trunk road agencies in the UK and Ireland as well as numerous local authorities and the private sector leading on a wide range of asset management services.
Examples include developing asset management policy and strategy, asset valuation, performance management, risk management, lifecycle planning, resilience, value management, scheme identification and procurement advice.
The Government’s commitment for investment in the transport infrastructure sector is creating am increasing demand for good asset management advice. There is an opportunity to join our growing team and work on a variety of exciting and strategic projects that shape the future of transport infrastructure.
We have a vacancy for an Associate Director / Director to strengthen out Transport Asset Management leadership team. The post will report to the Transport Asset Management Practice Director.
The successful candidate will be a recognised expert in highway asset management, with a track record of leading the delivery of relevant services to the public and private sectors.
They will be responsible for working with the Practice and Market Directors to support our strategy for growing our highways asset management portfolio. This will include creating, identifying, pursuing and securing projects with key clients, as were as taking responsibility for project delivery and mentoring of junior staff.
• Work with the Strategic Highways and Local Transport Markets and the Practice Director in delivering our strategy for a growing asset management portfolio.
• Create and identify opportunities and translate them into revenue, contributing to our strong pipeline, in accordance with the agreed strategy.
• Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of projects across all markets in the Practice.
• Liaise with other Divisions in Atkins to encourage cross selling and seek their support and resources for project delivery, as appropriate.
• Develop strong relationships with key clients and contacts within the client organisations, leading to successful win work activities and project delivery
• Contribute to our work on the transformation of Highways England
• Take a proactive role in business development activities and lead on appropriate bidding.
• Contribute to developing a successful Transport Asset Management Practice through staff mentoring and development as well as recruitment.
• Identify strategic supply chain partners and develop relationships with them.
• Chartered Engineer or equivalent
• Member of Institution of Asset Management (desired)
• Proven track record in a leadership asset management role
• Operational experience in highway asset management
• Excellent communication and client management skills
• Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of an integrated team.
• Track record in business development and win work (desired)
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.