Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
We are currently looking for an experienced Drainage Engineer to join our team based in Al Khobar.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Engineer will have the ability to project manage complex projects and lead a team on storm water network schemes including pumping stations, storage tanks, pipeline, and to supervise a team of Technicians and Graduate Engineers in the production feasibility studies, detail designs, specifications and technical reports, tender and construction drawings in line with the client requirements, local authority requirements and Atkins quality procedures. The successful candidate will take a leading role in the department, particularly with respect to storm drainage network design and analysis. He will be capable of providing planning, leadership and technical expertise in management of complex and interdisciplinary projects. He should have previous experience in the design of sea outfalls, storm water management projects and design of retention ponds.
The Ideal candidate will have a minimum qualification of Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent, having a minimum of 10 years’ experience in infrastructure design industry. The experience will include usage and knowledge of storm water modelling tools such as Stormcad, WinDes, Inforworks etc.,
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other appropriate qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years post graduate experience in infrastructure consultancy work taking a lead role in storm water design works.
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise in design
- Good knowledge of local and international codes and standards
- Experience of liaison with Utility authorities on development of sewerage and drainage systems
- Experience of managing and interfacing directly with clients
- Proven track record for delivery of concept through to detailed designs for storm networks
- Ideally, shall be proficient in the use of lighting software such as Stormcad, WinDes, Inforworks etc.
- Able to produce technical reports in English in a clear and concise form.
- Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Able to work with and manage technicians
- Good presentational skills
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to infrastructure projects
- A competent ability to utilise Microsoft Office suite of products and Microsoft Project
- Work experience in design of major storm water network including storm water pumping stations, drainage pond solutions and sea outfalls.
- Middle East Experience
- Design management experience of design and construction projects
- Knowledge of infrastructure design using software tools such as AutoCAD and Civils 3D
- Ability to actively led tender submissions; both technically and commercially.
- Good Team Player
- Good Leadership and Communication Skills
- Good command over English Language
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 days working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme (as per the Saudi Labour law)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants