This role sits within the Learning & Development function and the successful person will carry out the administration of Early Careers signature events (Graduate Summer Event (6-7 July), Graduate Induction (26-27 September), APC induction (25 September) and Atkins Professional Apprentice Induction (last week in October).
The events are very high profile with attendees including members of the Atkins senior leadership team. The role is to provide a seamless administrative service to ensure the events run smoothly with no errors. Activities include maintaining multiple delegate lists, room and dietary requirements, organising printing and ordering of materials, co-ordinating information to create lanyards, liaising with internal and external people as required (e.g. delegates, couriers, venue, and graphic design team), management of the relevant inboxes for each event.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE IS A FTC FOR 6 MONTHS
- Experience of managing the administration of large scale (100+ delegates) events
- Excellent Excel skills including ability to use VLookup and formulas
- Experience in using Powerpoint and editing presentations as required
- Experience in using Survey Monkey and producing reports from it
- Ability to work under pressure, manage tight deadlines and conflicting demands with limited supervision
- Proven track record in effective task organisation and prioritisation, with excellent attention to detail
- A professional manner and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, accompanied with excellent listening skills
- Able to use own initiative with a flexible “can-do” attitude and approach
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy when inputting and interpreting large volumes of data
Please note you must be available to attend Graduate Summer Event 6-7th July 2017 in Warwick and Graduate Induction 25-27 September 2017 in Birmingham.
Additional Information and Benefits
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
- Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.