As one of the world’s leading engineering, environmental and design consultancies Atkins offers opportunities for talented ecologists to work on a wide variety of projects.
Our clients, both in the UK and worldwide, include national and local governments, leading developers, transport, energy and water providers and international funding agencies.
We combine the highest technical standards with a pragmatic approach to help meet the balance between wildlife conservation and progress, ensuring that our clients and biodiversity benefit from our solutions.
We are currently looking to expand our team and are interested in meeting with ecologists of all grades/levels of experience with a consultancy background.
With the growth of our Practice in the North region, we are looking for people to be based in our Warrington office.
- Must have a degree in a relevant discipline;
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) would be an advantage.
- Proven experience as an Assistant Ecologist or Ecologist in a similar (i.e. consultancy) role;
- A good understanding of the role of consultants within the commercial sector;
- Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species survey capability, ideally with an area of specialisation;
- Good botanical skills are desirable;
- A roost visitor/handling licence for bats is desirable;
- Experience of new and potentially innovative survey techniques and equipment/applications is desirable;
- Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment, protected species development licence applications and implementation of mitigation on site would be an advantage;
- Demonstrate exceptional written communications skills and have experience in writing technical reports and proposals.
- Must demonstrate integrity, commitment and conscientiousness;
- Must demonstrate a collaborative and pro-active approach to work with team members and other Atkins business units;
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills;
- Can demonstrate innovation and strong drive to succeed;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Must be prepared to be flexible over travel and hours, especially during spring/summer survey season when it is a requirement to be available to work in the evenings and early mornings and be away from home for one or more nights per week, as projects require.
TrainingAtkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package