Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
An exciting role has become available for an enthusiastic, diligent and confident individual with an aptitude for project co-ordination, and data management and interpretation. There is potential to grow and develop the role as experience and business requirements allow.
The position is within our national Ecology Practice and will primarily support the technical teams deliver surveys efficiently and centrally co-ordinate the delivery of surveys including liaising closely with extensive supply chain and managing and reporting on ecology data.
You will be a pivotal member of our team and key to the successful delivery of our work. You will need to work collaboratively with staff across the Ecology Practice and our trusted suppliers. Therefore exceptional people, influencing and engagement skills are critical to secure planned outcomes.
The position could be based in any of our core offices (Birmingham, Bristol, Derby, Epsom, Glasgow, London, Warrington). Occasional travel to other Atkins offices may be required.
- Previous experience in a project support role, with experience of managing smaller projects / accounts themselves, possibly under supervision of a more senior staff member
- Demonstrable understanding of ecology services is a preference.
- Strong IT Skills including MS Office. Advanced use of Excel/Access
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Pays close attention to detail and is methodical, resulting in highly accurate work.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal staff and external suppliers.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package