The appointed engineer must have a degree in a relevant discipline such as Electrical Engineering. It would also be preferable that applicants are chartered with the IET or alternative appropriate body.
• Design experience within the Water Industry sector including in areas such as potable water production and distribution, waste water treatment and sludge treatment and pumping systems to name but a few.
• Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suit of programmes as a minimum
• Experience of working with WIMES
• Ability to demonstrate design experience of:
• LV electrical design, including MCCs, distribution boards, cable systems etc.
• HV systems including transformers, RMU, circuit breakers
• Cable selection and sizing
• Protection coordination and grading
• PLC and SCADA systems design and specification of Fieldbus networks
• Liaising with utility providers concepts and requirements of DSEAR/ATEX compliance
The role of an Electrical/ICA Engineer within the MEP business will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
• Feasibility, outline and detailed electrical and C&I design work
• Electrical switchgear panel/MCC specification and design
• Control and instrumentation systems functional specification and design
• Understanding, interpreting and responding to the needs of other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, process and civil.
• Production of electrical, control and instrumentation design documentation and drawings
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal employees and external clients.
• Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
• Positive outlook and approachable manner.
• Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or in isolation when required.