We are seeking a Electrical Engineers to join our established Building Services team in the London and South East region, to be based in our London office.
The role will be working as part of the team that delivers engineering design solutions for clients in London and the South East. They include the MET Police, many of the London Boroughs, Royal Mail and Heathrow Airport.
The candidate should have a proven track record in working in the UK and the individual should be keen to get involved in the whole life cycle of the project from feasibility to design, tender and completion on site.
The opportunity will enable the candidate to be client facing as well as getting involved in the day to day design and management of projects. Financial management of projects would be advantageous but not essential.
This will be an excellent opportunity for a keen individual to progress within one of the UK’s leading engineering companies.
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- BSC/BEng or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable equivalent experience
- Working towards chartered status and membership of CIBSE/IET
- Experience working in a design consultancy is desirable - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES (Specification Expert) and Microsoft packages - an understanding of AutoCAD is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 8th November.