This position which is being offered on a part time basis is apart of the Atkins Shared Services Facility (SSF) Accounting team (which comprises 20 members, including five other Financial Controllers/ Tax Accountants).
The role encompasses a range of tax activities and includes managing a team of three staff (all AAT qualified).
Responsible to: Head of Accounting
- Other members of the Accounting department and the broader SSF (which comprises 100 staff).
- Other Atkins corporate functions, notably Group Tax, Payroll and HR.
- The Atkins UK Finance community and the broader UK businesses (which comprises 10,000 staff).
- Managing the annual P11D and PAYE Settlement Agreement processes (over 3,000 P11ds are issued annually).
- Monitoring compliance of employee tax sensitive areas, including 24-month plus assignments and multiple workplaces.
- Monitoring expense policy compliance in respect of employee tax-related matters.
- Support Company Secretariat department in reviewing directors expense and benefits.
- Effective management of three members of staff, including periodic performance appraisals.
- Ad hoc projects and initiatives in collaboration with other corporate functions, including Group Tax and HR.
Technical and Professional
- A tax qualification (CTA, ATT or equivalent) plus some post-qualification experience. Candidates who have accounting qualifications (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) or ‘qualified by experience’ will also be considered.
- A good working knowledge Employee Tax Legislation regarding expenses and benefits.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills, including use of pivot tables, lookups and other functions.
- Experience of managing people, including coaching and developing staff.
- A working knowledge of JD Edwards Financials or Oracle HRMS would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills; able to engage with and influence staff at all levels.
- Well organised – skilled in prioritising own workload and that of the team.
- Able to mix effective team management with ‘hands on’ involvement and ad hoc projects.