Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, Georgia Transportation Group as a Highway Engineer II.
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the investigation of engineering problems, the coordination of project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents. On design assignments, progresses toward learning how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications.
• Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment, to carry out diversified engineering projects or phases of a single project with relatively few complex features and requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
• Majority of work will be GDOT related with some local government transportation projects also included.
• Prepares material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations.
• Performs engineering calculations.
• Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
• Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education and Experience:
B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level my be achieved by Engineers with 2 years' experience since B.S. or 1 year since M.S. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
• Technical writing, computer and communications skills required. CAD skills preferred.
• GDOT experience a plus but not required.
• Strong coordinate geometry skills as they relate to highway design type projects.
• MicroStation and InRoads experience a definite plus.
E.I. or EIT desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: