Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Atkins is the largest engineering consultancy in the UK and the fourth largest engineering and architectural consultancy in Europe. It employs over 18,000 people globally and is a FTSE 250 company with a revenue of over £1.8bn.
This role is within the Signalling Testing and Commissioning team, an extensive team of railway professionals committed to delivering excellence in every aspect of the Testing and Commissioning process.
Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
Motivated and organised with the ability to work in a team, to act as an administrative focus and assistance to our senior engineers within the Testing and Commissioning section of our rail engineering projects.
Although administrative in nature, the work is engineering based and an education which includes a science based subject would be a definite advantage. Ideally, at least a GCSE education or equivalent with minimum of four grade C or above subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Able to demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and to use initiative whilst working within a highly regulated environment.
A good working knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel is essential as is the ability to be highly organised and be reactive to the needs of the team.
Reporting to our T&C Engineer (Midlands/North), the work is primarily project based and as such there may be a requirement to lodge away at times and to work unsocial hours. You must hold a full UK driving licence.
Ability to work collaboratively and to interface closely with our Lead Resource Manager as well as the other regional Engineering Assistant / Assistant Resource Manager roles to ensure best allocation of resources across the business.
Although administrative in nature, the work is engineering based and an education which includes a science based subject would be a definite advantage.
- Assist in all technical administration and support of the project testing team as necessary
- Undertake the allocation of staff to multiple projects in multiple locations to provide fully staffed projects and fully utilised staff. This encompasses day to day short term reactive staff allocation and assisting with longer term planning activities
- Understanding of the terms used to describe competence of signal works testing staff would be a significant advantage
- Inputting and maintenance of Paperless Testing data
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic individual
- High level of confidence and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work under own initiative within the guidelines provided, and multitask under pressure
- Competent in problem evaluation, and able propose solutions to solve problems
- Willing to work flexibly, efficiently and unsocial hours in support of the group commitments
- Comprehensive knowledge of using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Undertake First Aid at Work Duties if required
- Current Driving Licence
- Test Assistant competency would be an advantage
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.