An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and organised individual to join our busy team, to act as a commercial focus and provide project management assistance to the Testing & Commissioning Practice Director.
You must be educated to at least A level (or equivalent) and have achieved at least 6 grade C GCSE or above in subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
You will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and to use initiative whilst working within a highly regulated environment.
Do you have excellent organisation skills and the ability to communicate with staff at all levels?
A comprehensive knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is essential.
A good understanding of Atkins finance, payroll, expenses and other systems would be an advantage.
Also essential is the ability to be highly organised and be reactive to the needs of the team.
Reporting to the Testing & Commissioning Practice Director, the work is primarily office based, but periodically there may be a requirement to lodge away and to work unsocial hours. You must hold a full UK driving Licence.
Although administrative in nature, the work is engineering based and an education which includes a science based subject would be a definite advantage, as would training or experience in Project Management and / or Quantity Surveying.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Good understanding of Atkins finance, payroll, expenses and other systems
- Awareness of Network Rail Signal Works Testing Handbook
- Good communication skills
- Current Driving Licence
- Willing to work flexibly, efficiently and unsocial hours in support of the group commitments.
- Undertake Fire Warden and First Aid at Work Duties if required
- Willing / able to be trained to Assistant Tester level
- Able to communicate and engage with Clients including resolving payment issues and queries
- Undertake timesheet, corporate card and expenses checking.
- Undertake timesheet and expenses inputting
- Assist with estimate / bid preparation for large projects
- Undertake estimate / bid preparation for smaller projects
- Assist with project management and commercial activities in support of the Practice Director, including preparation and review of PSRs and EA
- Assist in all administration and support of the testing group as necessary.
- Provide estimates and arrange billing of clients.
- Support testing management teams with Paperless Testing, document control, test log databases, maintaining progress trackers etc, during commissionings and as required at other times.
- Co-operate with quality, safety, and environmental objectives and contribute where appropriate, to Atkins rail commitment for continual improvement.
- Progress individual knowledge and skills to promote advancement.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Atkins recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to the further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. We are passionate about collaborative working. Our people build lasting relationships.