We have a number of ongoing framework and major project commissions, providing a steady volume of a wide range of work, from feasibility studies right through to detailed design and supervision of construction. This role offers the unrivalled opportunity to be a part of developing our national infrastructure, including some of the largest transportation projects in the country.
To meet our growth ambitions we are looking to recruit an Engineering BIM Highways Technician who has experience in highways-related civil infrastructure design and detailing, and who will play a key role in the development and delivery of major projects in this field. We are looking for a qualified and experienced technician who will make a valuable contribution to both the design and construction process. This role will be in the Transportation sector and will primarily be based in our Epsom office. However, priority will be given to applicants who will, in the future, enjoy the challenge and rewards of managing BIM deployment on construction sites in the South East.
· Support highway and bridge engineers designing, detailing and supporting the construction of transportation projects
· Work as part of a team to produce a broad range of deliverables: drawings, documents, data-rich 3D BIM models, visualisations etc
· Challenge technical design work to ensure an excellent product for our clients
· Develop design ideas into presentable solutions
· Support and mentor other staff, both day-to-day and in their career development
· Report to the team leader on progress of projects
· Contribute to winning new work from clients
· Contribute to meeting the business goals by working as part of a key team
· Drive continuous improvement
· Develop yourself
· HNC/HND (or equivalent).
· Engineering Technician or working towards IEng status
· Significant technical experience of civil or structural drawing to standards
· Knowledge of AutoCAD (or equivalent) and related software
· Microsoft Office suite
· Knowledge of 3D CAD surface and solid modelling
· Knowledge of authoring tools eg Autodesk Civil 3D, Bentley OpenRoads, MX, Revit, Microstation
· Knowledge of coordination tools eg Navisworks, Navigator, Synchro
· Knowledge of collaboration tools eg ProjectWise, Business Collaborator
· Experience of UK highway design standards
· Knowledge of UK BIM standards and protocols eg BS/PAS 1192 series, CIC
· Willingness and capability to work on a highways construction site, including holding a valid UK driving license.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and proactive individual who is able to make a valuable contribution to the design and detailing of a broad range of high quality deliverables, including drawings, documents, data-rich 3D BIM models and visualisations. They will be keen to work, as part of a team, to identify and exploit opportunities to develop both themselves and the company’s BIM capability. They will always be looking to find better ways to do things, striving for continuous improvement in how and what we deliver to our clients. Although this position is technically based the role will include coordination of multi-disciplinary designs and the ability to communicate well both design and construction teams is key.