Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering consultancies; its rail business is the largest in its field in Europe.
We are currently recruiting for Assistant Project Managers (work placements) across the organisation within our Transportation, Infrastructure division, ADS&T & Faithful & Gould businesses. These positions have been created uniquely for Ex Military & reservists work placements. We currently have approx 15 placement opportunities available across the Atkins group for Ex-Military & reservists looking to gain some invaluable work experience within our organisation.
Our teams are responsible for managing a variety of projects that range from small sized feasibility studies to large multi-disciplined detailed design schemes, working for a variety of clients. The responsibilities of the team include ensuring the successful delivery of projects to programme, client liaison and internal team liaison, production of status reports, programme updates, billing, and change control, amongst other activities.
***Please note placements are only for those currently serving in the military and that are considering leaving***
The suitable candidate will undertake an Assistant Project Manager role on one or more design projects. Responsibilities are listed below:
Assist Project Manager(s) on a daily basis
• Oversees and executes tasks associated with the management of projects
• Prepares project status reports for clients, management and team members
• Tracks project progress (goals, schedule, budget) and generates status reports
• Externally, meets with client and representatives, and suppliers regarding project execution
• Internally, works closely with Project Management and Cost Management Teams
• Contribute to the Project Execution Plan
• Supports project risk reviews
Suitable on the job training will be provided to the successful candidates, however, the following requirements apply:
• Good communication and listening skills
• Good teamwork skills – balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; puts team success above own interests
• Experienced in the use of standard Microsoft office programmes (word, excel, outlook etc.) and in the production of reports and handling of large data sets – advantageous
• An interest in a career within Project Management within Engineering/infrastructure
The following requirements are not essential but advantageous:
• Project Management experience
• PM Qualification (e.g. MAPM) or planning to work towards
• Appreciation / experience of planning software packages / principles (e.g. Microsoft Project or P6)
• Understanding of contract administration
• Understanding construction / design delivery
• Engineering related experience (e.g. civils, mechanical or electrical) – advantageous
• HNC / HND / Degree qualifications advantageous, but not essential
We currently have a total of 15 placements available across the Atkins group for Ex-Military & reservists looking to gain some invaluable work experience within our organisation. Full training will be provided throughout your 4 week placement with us. With prospects to develop into further future employment. You will have full support and guidance from the Project Management teams within Atkins/F&G, and you will have the opportunity to interact with Multi-disciplinary Engineering teams.