Who we are
One of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies, we’re driven to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. Proud to be part of the Atkins Group, we help customers around the world to construct and manage their biggest assets. Our cutting-edge independent advice and support enables them to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes. Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards! This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title. We advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects, from giant petrochemical plants and the world’s tallest hotels to major airports and skyscrapers. Join the team at Faithful+Gould and you’ll help us lead the way in project and programme management as a project manager, building surveyor, quantity surveyor or strategic facilities and asset management consultant.
At Faithful+Gould we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career in. While our training will help you solve real-life problems from day one and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
What you’ll be doing
Driving your career forward and learning to become a future business leader, you’ll:
• Keep on growing your skills and developing your experience as part of our consulting, project management, building surveying and commercial services teams
• Proofread documents and support bids for new business
• Get a real insight into what you’re passionate about whether it’s project management, quantity surveying or building surveying
• Realise your potential while developing a good understanding of our services and the added value the teams at Faithful+Gould and Atkins deliver
• Develop and flex your communication skills to engage with customers and role model our values.
You'll be working in one of the following roles:
You’ll join us as a Quantity Surveyor and will help provide expert advice to our clients on construction costs. Our Quantity Surveyors work on a wide variety of schemes, in all sectors, including new university campuses, new road bridges, nuclear power stations, commercial office developments, refurbishment of listed buildings, the list is endless! You will learn to guide design teams, ensuring projects are designed within our clients’ budget and you will work with contractors, on site, managing construction costs for our clients. You will learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and will develop your mathematical ability. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing team, to learn from.
Hinkley Point C
If you chose to be based in Bridgwater as a quantity surveyor, you will predominantly work on Hinkley Point C. Our talent and capability within the Nuclear Sector is highly recognised, and being a significant player in a new generation of UK Nuclear Power Stations means that we are now looking for Commercial Assistants to join our Commercial team to support our Clients project teams working on Nuclear New Build programmes. These roles will be as part of the integrated delivery teams and will provide both office and site based experience on some of the largest projects in Europe. You would join an established team and experience both pre and post contract experience across a range of contract forms. The location would be Bristol, but you will also be expected to spend potentially up to a year on site at Hinkley Point (Bridgwater) during your three year graduate programme.
As a building surveyor you need to enjoy being out of the office. The nature of our projects and the work we do is hands on, you will likely be liaising directly with the client and project team as well as members of the public on a fairly frequent basis. Time spent back in the office will not be dull, for one thing there will always be a new project to work on – our teams are growing and our project variety with it – our building surveyors manage a number of projects at any one time, most likely all falling within a different sector from a local primary school extension to a medieval fortress to an prison building to a recording studio – pretty much anything property related across the public and private sector. Our services include party wall, dilapidations, technical due diligence, surveys, landlord and tenant relations and compliance. Our scope is not limited, nor is our potential. We are one of the leading providers of building surveying services within the UK, our national team will support you through your APC and beyond. If you’re looking for a varied project portfolio, which frequently takes you out of the office and enjoy being part of a large, social team then this is the discipline for you.
Who we’re looking for
• Talented graduates with a 2:2 degree in building surveying, project management, quantity surveying or a degree in any subject for those who can demonstrate commercial or technical acumen. We’ll sponsor your MSc on a day release basis if you don’t have a degree in a relevant subject
• The drive to keep on learning, achieve professional status (RICS) and develop your technical skills
• Someone who can analyse problems and apply their technical knowledge to make sound decisions and create innovative solutions
• A good communicator who can collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and become a trusted customer adviser
• Always positive you’ll love taking on new technical challenges and going beyond to exceed customer expectations.
Where you’ll be...
Graduate building surveyors
Graduate quantity surveyors
Bridgwater (Hinkley Point C), Nottingham, Stockton, Tunbridge Wells, Warrington.
Closing date: Friday 17th March 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment please make your application as soon as possible.
Assessment centre dates: Assessment centres will be held in February – April 2017.
Please note to secure an offer in the business area you have selected you will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to security clearance being granted. If you’re successful you’ll need to undergo Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) and CRB checks because of the sensitive nature of our work.