Faithful+Gould – Industrial Year Placements 2017
Who we are
One of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies, we’re driven to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. Proud to be part of the Atkins Group, we help customers around the world to construct and manage their biggest assets. Our cutting-edge independent advice and support enables them to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes. Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards! This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title. We advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects, from giant petrochemical plants and the world’s tallest hotels to major airports and skyscrapers. Join the team at Faithful+Gould and you’ll help us lead the way in project and programme management as a project manager, building surveyor, quantity surveyor or strategic facilities and asset management consultant.
What you’ll be doing during your Industrial Year Placement
Driving your career forward and learning to become a future business leader, you’ll:
• Keep on growing your skills and developing your experience as part of our consulting, project management, building surveying and commercial services teams
• Proofread documents and support bids for new business
• Get a real insight into what you’re passionate about whether it’s project management, quantity surveying or building surveying
• Realise your potential while developing a good understanding of our services and the added value the teams at Faithful+Gould and Atkins deliver
• Develop and flex your communication skills to engage with customers and role model our values.
You'll be working in one of the following roles:
As a building surveyor you need to enjoy being out of the office. The nature of our projects and the work we do is hands on, you will likely be liaising directly with the client and project team as well as members of the public on a fairly frequent basis. Time spent back in the office will not be dull, for one thing there will always be a new project to work on, our teams are growing and our project variety with it! Our building surveyors manage a number of projects at any one time, most likely all falling within a different sector from a local primary school extension, to a medieval fortress, to a prison building to a recording studio – pretty much anything property related across the public and private sector. Our services include party wall, dilapidations, technical due diligence, surveys, landlord and tenant relations and compliance. Our scope is not limited, nor is our potential. We are one of the leading providers of building surveying services within the UK, our national team will support you through your APC and beyond. If you’re looking for a varied project portfolio, which frequently takes you out of the office and enjoy being part of a large, social team then this is the discipline for you.
Working as a project manager you will form an integral part of an established team of project and programme management practitioners and will be supported in career development. Our project managers are involved in some of the world’s largest construction projects as well as some of the most complex, requiring meticulous planning to ensure successful delivering to our clients and stakeholders. You will work in a wide variety of industry sectors and will develop your skills on a multitude of projects, learning from some of the best professionals in the world! You will learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and will develop your management abilities.
You’ll join us as a Quantity Surveyor and will help provide expert advice to our clients on construction costs. Our Quantity Surveyors work on a wide variety of schemes, in all sectors, including new university campuses, new road bridges, nuclear power stations, commercial office developments, refurbishment of listed buildings, the list is endless! You will learn to guide design teams, ensuring projects are designed within our clients’ budget and you will work with contractors, on site, managing construction costs for our clients. You will learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and will develop your mathematical ability. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing team, to learn from.
Who we’re looking for
• Talented undergraduates studying towards a 2:2 degree in building surveying, project management, quantity surveying or a degree in any subject for those who can demonstrate commercial or technical acumen.
• Someone who can analyse problems and apply their technical knowledge to make sound decisions and create innovative solutions
• A good communicator who can collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and become a trusted customer adviser
• Always positive you’ll love taking on new technical challenges and going beyond to exceed customer expectations.
Where you’ll be...
Initial closing date: 29th January 2017. Some of our roles are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment please make your application as soon as possible.
Please note to secure an offer in the business area you have selected you will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to security clearance being granted. If you’re successful you’ll need to undergo Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) and CRB checks because of the sensitive nature of our work.