Do you have experience in fire engineering? Would you be interested in furthering your career in fire consultancy? This could be the role for you.The Role
Our team provides safety services across the whole of the existing nuclear fleet and we are a recognised leader in the provision of fire consultancy to the nuclear sector. Our work is rapidly expanding to meet the needs of nuclear new build in the UK, and also internationally in China, Europe, Japan and the Middle East.
You will be expected to manage office based consultancy projects, requiring client liaison, coaching of junior staff and attending regulator meetings, or may directly support clients through an embedded fire safety role. Current projects are primarily in the nuclear sector but there are also opportunities to support the Atkins Energy business in the areas of power, renewables and oil and gas. The successful candidate will be able to contribute and learn from the wider fire safety community within Atkins, taking advantage of the UK leading services we provide in areas such as commercial buildings, airports, tunnels, Computational Fluid Dynamics and structural engineering.
Our team is predominantly based in Epsom, however for the right candidate we could support positions in our Bristol or Warrington offices.The Person
You have experience in the design of buildings and facilities for fire safety, safety case production for fire hazards, and the specification and design of fire protection. Ideally this experience would have been gained in the nuclear sector.. However, we will consider experience gained in other high hazard or industrial sectors and we are committed to developing staff to meet the demands of a fast growing and rewarding sector.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll be client focussed – being able interface with clients, understand their needs and convert opportunities into successful workstreams. You will be expected to have experience in and be able to liaise effectively with regulatory bodies.
In addition to building excellent relationships with our clients, you’ll also be able to build excellent relationships within the team, and will have experience of supervising teams of professional staff.
You will also demonstrate the following;
- Relevant engineering degree
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent, or working towards chartership
The following would be highly advantageous;
Additional Information and Benefits
- Proven capability technically delivering engineering projects
- Experience in developing/mentoring junior engineers
- A fluency in languages would be highly desirable
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave
- Atkins develops our employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.