Atkins Design Centre (in Dubai) is seeking a candidate able to demonstrate a high level of technical capability within the ground engineering discipline and who can lead the design of foundations for tall buildings on projects (i.e. >40 floors height). The successful candidate will be able to mentor younger engineer and manage a small delivery team. You will also have the credibility and confidence to lead our geotechnical engagement relating to foundations for tall buildings with key clients and stakeholders.
Whilst the successful candidate will have experience in ground engineering with an ability to use engineering judgement and work independently, you will be working under the guidance of the team leader and team technical manager and will be expected to liaise with your counterparts from other disciplines.
Candidates should possess the following:
- A proven track record in designing pile group foundations for tall buildings (i.e. >40 floors height), ideally piled rafts.
- Experience with the modelling and understanding of soil-structure interaction mechanism.
- Experience with geotechnical investigation management and interpretation and the design of deep and shallow foundations, piles, retaining walls and other related infrastructure
- Knowledge of structural design and of the behaviour of structures; especially in the context of soil-structure interaction.
- Experience of working in a fast moving engineering consultancy environment (ideally including international experience).
- High level of technical capability and attention to detail.
- A good academic background with a civil engineering / geotechnical engineering bachelors or master’s degree.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the civil / geotechnical fields in a consulting environment with the majority of this experience relating to the design of foundation systems for tall buildings.
- Working towards chartered status (or equivalent) within a relevant professional association.
- A high level of numeracy and attention to details with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- Appropriate experience in the use of geotechnical analysis software (gINT, Oasys Frew, Oasys Alp, Repute, Piglet, Slope/W, Seep/W etc.). In particular, advanced user skills and multiple project experience is required with Plaxis 2D and Plaxis 3D.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise report writing will be required)
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience working on Metro/Rail Projects.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with Contractors and Clients.
- Willingness to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment.
- Experience and confidence in using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Willingness to travel from time to time on project assignments.
- Credibility and confidence to lead our geotechnical engagement relating to foundations for tall buildings with key clients and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the geotechnical design input and modelling required to design foundations for tall buildings (i.e. >40 floors height), within our Property Business. You will need to collaborate with your structural engineering counterparts and be conversant in soil-structure interaction mechanisms. You will also be required to work a variety of roles including geotechnical investigations scoping, management and interpretation in addition to geotechnical design for infrastructure projects alongside a variety of environmental science and engineering professionals.
Salary & Benefits:
- A competitive tax free salary for the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.