Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Khobar, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As part of continued growth of our Qatar office, we are currently recruiting for an experience Government Relations Officer to join our team.
- Responsible for the renewal of the Commercial License
- Supporting staff through the work visa & RP process
- Supporting families through the visa & RP process
- Attesting Labour contracts with the Ministry of Labour
- Preparing Government forms for Immigration related processes
- Supporting staff with driving license issues
- Building and maintaining a network of contacts to support your work
- Keeping abreast of current labour/ immigration laws and update the HR team on any changes
- Protect the interest of the company in accordance with governmental authorities, laws and regulation
- Supporting Engineering staff with their MMUP Registration of Engineers process
- Other duties as requested from time to time
- Arabic National (preference will be given to Qatari Nationals)
- Engineering/Consultancy experience is preferred
- Educated to High school level (as a minimum)
- 8+ years local experience liaising with Immigration, Labour department and other government departments for all employee affairs
- Good knowledge of Qatari labour and immigration rules
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English and Arabic both oral and written
- Excellent problem solving and quality control skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proactive and responsible
- Computer skills (Microsoft office)
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Applicants will be screened against the above criteria.