Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
H&T division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for Graduate Transport Planner on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from our India office.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of Planners, Designers and Engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience in a world renowned consultant.
The team has so far delivered excellence within a number of studies from around the world, including the UK, ME and Asia Pacific. This has been based upon the successful use of technically innovative and progressive procedures in tandem with a core technical capability.
You will be part of a established transport modelling team developing and applying computer-based transport models (comprising highway and public transport / transit models) using state-of-the-art transport modelling software supported by Geographic Information Systems (GIS ) tools.
You will be part of a team responsible for the technical development of transport modelling projects comprising:
· Technical development of project tasks, and development of tools and processes
· Development and checking of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales
· Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
· As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
· Essential Requirements:
· Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (preferably Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with Masters degree in transport planning / engineering)
· Understanding of the development and application of computer-based traffic/transport models using any of the SATURN, EMME/2, VISUM, CUBE Voyager, VISSIM, PARAMICS software packages
· Knowledge of technical project delivery in a transport planning environment.
- Analytical skills with hands on experience in developing tools using VBA
- Knowledge in report writing related to transport studies
- Knowledge in the use and application of GIS techniques to transport modelling outputs and analysis.