Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies. We have 2,400 staff worldwide and as a member of the Atkins Group, access to over 18,000 construction experts, giving us unrivalled capability in every sector of the built environment and a graduate community made up of multiple disciplines.
Appointed on some of the Middle East’s most prestigious projects, from Dubai Creek Harbour and the Royal Atlantis in Dubai, to Al Maryah Central, Abu Dhabi and Doha Festival City in Qatar, we are working in partnership with our clients to make the Middle East a better place to live, work and play.
Through effective project management we control and deliver construction projects to budget and on programme, minimising risk whilst maintaining safety, achieving quality and maximising investment returns.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. We currently require fresh graduates with no more than two year’s relevant experience to join our Middle East business where we have offices in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to enhance your technical capability, expand your experience, widen your network and develop your soft skills, ensuring your career objectives are met in full.
This is a full-time role working Sunday to Thursday, 8am-6pm. You will join Faithful+Gould in the Middle East as a PM Graduate within one of the office locations listed above. You will have one base location but you will eventually be assigned to projects across the region therefore it is likely that an element of travelling will be required for your role. Specific responsibilities will depend on the business you are recruited into and the project(s) you are assigned to, but may include:
- Supporting bid preparation
- Support delivery of project management deliverables from concept to completion on various size and types of projects.
- Support in the procurement of main contractors and specialist suppliers.
- Preparation of specialist project reports in connection with programme and risk issues.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, other professional bodies and contractors
- Compliance with Atkins’ quality, safety and environmental procedures
You will be supported towards a relevant internationally recognised professional institution (i.e. APM or PMI) and provided with all the support infrastructure required in order to achieve professional status, both financially and through work experience & structured training.
- Minimum degree classification of 2:1 (i.e. 60% or above) in Project or Construction Management, Civil Engineering or construction related field. A further specialist (such as a MEng or Master’s degree) would be an advantage.
- No more than two year’s relevant work experience
- Drive and self-motivation to achieve chartered status with the relevant institution
- Drive to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in English (verbal & written) within multidisciplinary teams and a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to influence others
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make sound judgements
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive tax free salary
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin (expatriates only)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Gratuity Scheme (or pension scheme for GCC Nationals)
- Medical & Life Insurance cover
- 22 days’ holiday (based on Sunday-Thursday, 8am-6pm)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bi-annual reviews
- Structured development to meet professional status with the relevant institution
- Professional support through allocated mentor & line manager; quarterly & annual reviews; graduate induction & development event; technical & non-technical training; knowledge sharing sessions; and graduate representatives & discussion groups.
About Faithful+Gould & our Graduate Development Programme
Faithful+Gould is a world leading integrated project and programme management consultancy. Celebrating our 70th anniversary this year, we have been building long-term partnerships with our clients since 1947.
In the Middle East we have a team of over 500 experts engaged with our clients who deliver successful projects, regardless of the size, environment or industry. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships, while striving to optimise our clients’ project planning, delivery and operations.
Join our Graduate Development Programme and we’ll offer you all the support, training and practical experience you need to achieve your chosen qualification and develop a career that will make the most of your potential. The programme offers an all-encompassing approach to developing the skills, knowledge and behaviours you need to enjoy a rewarding career at F+G. But, rather than us simply dictating how you develop, we’ll put you in the driving seat. We offer a flexible and adaptable approach that allows you to guide your own development and determine your route through the programme, ultimately leading to professional status with your institution.
It’s very much a two-way commitment: if you work hard to achieve your development goals, we’ll work hard to provide you with all the support and guidance you need. This includes producing a development plan to track your progress to achieving your qualification, with regular reviews carried out along the way. It’s your career so it’s up to you to determine the specific route you’ll take through the various elements of the programme. But you are not alone – there are people to assist and support you, such as your line manager and your mentor.
A large part of your personal development will be achieved by working on real-world projects and reflecting on those experiences, supplemented by a range of courses, seminars and specific graduate events. These provide a great opportunity to network across the Group; develop your business and interpersonal skills, as well as helping to identify your strengths and areas for development.
The Project Management Academy supports the development of our project and programme managers and also other employees who are interested in learning more about project management.