We are seeking a high-calibre Head of Department to lead our Regional Landscape Architecture Department and who is interested growing Atkins' Landscape Architecture business and working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Our skills include the area of Architecture, Urban Planning, Interior Design and Landscape architecture for which we are looking candidates to join our expanding Middle Eastern business.
The Head of Landscape Architecture has business development and marketing background that will lead and expand the Landscape Architecture business in Middle East region. He/she is self-motivated and is keen to develop and acquire new business in the realm of Landscape Architecture. He/she should have excellent analytical, problem solving, written/verbal communication, presentation skills and works well in and leading teams.
The position requires a strong track record in all aspects of landscape and urban design but with a clear focus on the delivery of landscape master planning and public realm projects for both private and public sector clients. Excellent people skills are a fundamental requirement including a strong project management ability in terms of programming, resourcing, mentoring and financial management.
Once chosen, the successful candidate will have the experience to manage a variety of clients and projects of varying scales and complexity.
- A Registered Landscape Architect with a minimum of 15-20 years of experience primarily in both public and private sector with proven success in client management and business development.
- Postgraduate Degree in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of successful Director level positions in major planning and landscape architectural firms.
- Professional Registration / Chartered Landscape Architect within their country professional institute is requirement.
- Middle East experience is a must, and a minimum experience of 5-10 years in Region.
- Working knowledge of local codes, design stage requirements, and client expectations is an advantage
- Must possess a reasonable knowledge of the following software: AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
Graduate Degree in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design and Chartered Landscape Architect CMLI, AILA (or equivalent), and a second qualification in Urban Design would be an advantage.
Extensive relevant post qualification experience gained either in the public or private sector.
- The person fulfilling this role should be flexible and self-motivated and will be expected to demonstrate the following experience at a head of department level
- Substantial landscape and public realm design experience and landscape / environmental design
- Creative design skills
- Proven amount of experience at project delivery level of landscape, urban design and public realm projects including feasibility studies, concepts and large master planning projects such as urban extensions and large scale urban regeneration schemes
- Respond to occasional short term secondments for overseas work
- Excellent project management skills for multi-disciplinary, complex and high profile projects
- Ability to manage a team of technical staff including undertaking staff development programmes
- Experience of area improvement and urban renewal projects
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Competent in AutoCAD and Photoshop or similar graphics packages
- Good hand drawing/sketching and presentational skills
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with a range of clients
- Commercial awareness and proven ability to develop and manage budgets
- Excellent time management skills, capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Confident team worker and leader
- Current driving licence
- Experience of working in a QA environment
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Salary & Benefits
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Apply and the process:
We are currently looking for Head of Landscape to support our Atkins business.
Below is the link to apply for the job: