As one of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies, Faithful+Gould advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. Our Birmingham office is growing their team, and we are looking for a Health & Safety Consultant to deliver CDM Services on a range of exciting projects - this diversity means no one day is the same and will offer you the scope to develop your experience and progress your career.
The role is primarily based on the delivery of CDM Services, although experience of delivering additional associated Health & Safety Services could be an advantage.
You will be responsible for delivering a number of roles, which we have established following the introduction of CDM 2015, in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice.
Based in our Birmingham office but working across the surrounding regions, you will cover a range of sectors including but not limited to: property, education and infrastructure.
- Providing Health & Safety Services on both independent commissions and also to complement our wider project delivery services
- Production of pre-construction information, files and other associated CDM documents
- Ensuring Designer compliance
- Reviewing contractors documentation
- Interfacing with clients and design teams on project basis
- Advise clients on procurement options and consultant appointment issues
- Pro-active in business development within the Midlands and surrounding regions
- Keep updated with current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law.
We require a Health & Safety consultant with suitable and relevant experience, ideally from a design or construction background
To join us you’ll need:
- Chartered/Professional Qualification in Health and Safety
- NEBOSH qualified (minimum Construction Certificate)
- Preferably Member of APS / IOSH
- Ideally currently fulfilling a Principal Designer / Client CDM Advisor role
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the component parts of CDMC / CDM2015 and other Health & Safety issues
- Working knowledge of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
To join us you’ll have:
- Strong Communication skills - experience of communicating with people at differing levels effectively through oral and written communication
- Client facing skills - experience of working with clients at a strategic/operational level and managing the relationships effectively
- Strong Planning and Organising skills - able to prioritise workload and deadlines and manage change effectively
- Effective problem resolution skills - solution orientated with the ability to manage problems and complaints assertively
- Team work skills - ability to work with others to achieve team and personal targets or objectives
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Attractive pension scheme
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.