Health & Safety Consultant
Do you want to join a world leading construction consultancy and drive forward your career? We are looking for an experienced and qualified health & safety professional to join an established health & safety team In Warrington to undertake the duties of a Principal Designer (PD) as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 for a wide range of high profile clients based in the north west. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and progress within the company. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
Faithful+Gould is renowned for the expertise, experience and excellence of its people - we place great emphasis on developing individuals to progress through the business – we invest in our staff and help you get to where you want to be whilst giving you the freedom and flexibility to practice your profession and make the most of your potential.
Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards. This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title
Faithful+Gould are a signatory to the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark
We are looking for a sharp minded and motivated individual to:
• Support the Senior Health and Safety Consultants in all their professional duties
• Provide advice and support to Assistant Health & Safety Consultants/Principal Designers
• Demonstrate a growing commitment to CDM and other Health & Safety services
• Demonstrate real commitment to Faithful+Gould and its objectives and targets
• Undertake a wide range of Principal Designer duties on your own initiative
• Conduct regular site health & safety audits using a hand held PDA device
• Learn, understand and apply the principles of quality assurance.
• Keep abreast of relevant legislative changes
• Travel locally and nationally to visit client premises
You will already have;
• A technical knowledge of and experience within the construction industry
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate
• Degree, BTEC or HNC Building Studies (or related subject)
• A CSCS card
• Leading to Tech IOSH: Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health
• Leading to RMaPS: Registered CDM co-ordinator with the APS
• Experience with large volume frameworks in a food retail and banking environment
• The ability to manage your own time
• An understanding of the need for and ability to apply accuracy in all your work.
• An ability to communicate effectively
• A sound technical health & safety knowledge applicable to the construction industry
• A willingness to seek guidance on occasions from senior colleagues
• A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages.
• A professional manner and outlook
• An understanding of people management within a team
• An understanding of the need for and ability to apply client management skills.
• Familiarity with contractual obligations, legal breaches and remedies
• The ability to work concurrently on a portfolio of projects
• Competency in reviewing contractors method statements and risk assessments
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Attractive pension scheme
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now