Who are Atkins?
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we’re compelled to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. Our brilliant team of 17,000 people leave a lasting legacy through helping to create everything from airplanes, railways and new flood defences to skyscrapers, Olympic venues and giant waterparks. Are you ready for the challenge?
What you’ll be doing
Do you want to get paid for gaining qualifications and learning on the job? And would you enjoy solving problems and working on some of the most iconic infrastructure projects in the UK? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting Apprentices for our Transportation business. Within the South East region we have opportunities to join our office in Croydon.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future. Join us and you’ll work with a variety of project teams to:
- Plan and report on major infrastructure projects like HS2 and Crossrail
- Support the Cost Performance management of our disciplines on our major projects
- Help review / analyse our cost and schedule risk to help deliver our programmes to time and cost.
- Work with some of the industry’s leading people in Project Controls
During your 2 year apprenticeship no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. You’ll study towards APM’s internationally recognisable Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) in Project Management. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Talented, ambitious and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more, you’ll need:
- At least five GCSEs (or Scottish Highers or equivalent) including Science, a Technology subject and a grade B or above in Maths and C or above in English.
- At least three A-Levels, grad C or above /equivalent (BTEC/HND/HNC). Ideally in a related subject.
- To be good in a team and someone who can assist with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
- Analytical thinker and dedication with strong communication skills
- To be reliable, practical and self-motivated to achieve the best you can be
How to join us
Initial closing date: Wednesday 15th February 2017 NB: Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from December 2016 onwards.