Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
H&T division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a number of Senior Highways Engineer on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from India.
As a member of the Highways team you will be responsible for:
- Senior member of large design teams / team leader in small teams
- Provide technical guidance within design teams with minimal external guidance.
- Preparing budget, resourcing and delivering to the budget and agreed time frame.
- Ultimately responsible for correct delivery.
- Active contributor to technical promotion e.g. internal case studies, papers etc
- Produces design solutions from outline briefs and correctly interprets data and communicates it to others
- Takes responsibility for writing effective sections of technical reports
- Active and responsible for technical growth of subordinates
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
- A team player
- Bachelor’s degree in degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
- Sufficient and relevant experience, of which at least 8 years should be related to Highway design
- Extensive working experience to DMRB
- Proven experience in leading a team of engineers and technicians in major highway projects.
- Proven understanding of MX and/or Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and verbal English language interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Ability to fully understand, explain, present and solve complex technical problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master’s Degree in Highway Engineering or similar.
- Experience of working abroad
- Affiliation with professional bodies or professional accreditation.
- Working knowledge of pavement design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Knowledge of AASHTO.
- Experience of working on construction sites.
- Experience in working on international projects.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Performance Incentives
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
- Medical Insurance for the employee, family & dependant parents*
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee