Our Transportation Division is currently seeking Highways
Engineer in our Swavesey office to support the delivery of a wide
variety of highways projects across the UK. You’ll be part of a team
driving the successful delivery of projects for a variety of new build,
renewal, maintenance and assessment works.
Ideally, you will have a background in civil engineering design and
delivery of multi-disciplinary projects principally within the highways
environments. You’ll be familiar with working in large, dispersed
multidisciplinary design teams on projects at varying stages of development from
feasibility to detailed design.
You’ll be working as part of one of the largest transportation
consultancies in the UK, and a leading supplier of engineering services to
government, regulatory and local authorities, infrastructure owners and
The role will be based in our Swavesey office with the
flexibility to work out of other Atkins and Client offices as work demands.
Our business also brings opportunities to work on overseas projects and
with our internationally based design teams.
- Acting as a lead designer on
elements of highway design for the A14 project during the construction
- Liaison with other
disciplines and teams as required on the project.
- Liaising with other 3rd parties
(i.e. key stakeholders) as required on project.
- Technical responsibility for
ensuring designs are delivered in accordance with current standards &
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- A relevant civil engineering qualification (degree preferred) with 3+ years post graduate experience.
- The ability to undertake drainage, pavement, signs and/or road restraint systems design unaided and assist with the delivery of other project elements as required.
- Working knowledge of the Traffic Signs Manual.
- A good understanding of the DMRB and MCHW.
- An understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works, including experience of producing Designers Risk Assessments.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the use of highway design software packages such as Microdrainage, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, KeySigns, KeyLines, Bentley MX, InRoads, PDS.
- Demonstrable experience of producing Specifications and Bills of Quantities.
- An understanding of BIM.
- Previous knowledge & experience of Highways England and Local Authority projects.
- Approaching IEng or CEng status with suitable demonstrable experience.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.