Our Transportation Division are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Epsom office and direct a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions from concept to detailed design, specification and construction on an expanding portfolio of the biggest and most challenging UK projects.
You’ll be working as part of one of the largest transportation consultancies in the UK, and a leading supplier of engineering services to government, regulatory and local authorities, infrastructure owners and operators. Major clients include Highways England, Local Authorities, TfL, HS2, Network Rail and London Underground, design and build contractors and other niche clients.
- Client, programme and financial management of projects
- Contract Management
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team to develop high quality solutions to time and budget.
- Understand the requirements of a project and assign appropriate resource to deliver best results
- Preparation and presentation of technical and progress reports
- Managing senior stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business
- Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner
- Working collaboratively across the Atkins Group
- Preparing fee offers for agreement with the client
- Mentoring and assisting the development of the team
- Expanding the Atkins business and assisting with the delivery of business targets
- Line management of junior staff
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in leading the delivery of civil engineering design within multidisciplinary projects
- Working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Specification for Highway Works
- Thorough knowledge of the requirements of CDM 2015.
- Proven ability in the management of highways projects including preparing programmes, deliverables schedules and managing risk with a fee income exceeding £50K per month
- Strong communication skills
- Significant consultancy experience within the UK highway sector working for our key clients, e.g. local authorities, Highways England, developers and major contractors
- Experience of the bidding process
- Prince2 Practitioner and/or APM qualified, Level C or above
- Experience of project scheduling, including resourcing, using Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Experience of monitoring construction contracts and of site management
- Experience of business process improvement techniques, for example, Lean Construction
- A “right first time” approach
- Excellent relational and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills,
- The ability to focus and deliver whilst working to demanding deadlines
- A resourcefulness when solving complex problems
- A high expectation of performance of self and others
- The ability to be flexible and effectively deal with change
- Strong customer focus
- Build and motivate the team
- Lead by example
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.