Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects.
Our skills include the expansive area of Architecture and Interior Design for which we are looking for candidates to join our design studios who are excited about working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Our portfolio comprises a broad range of project types, including hospitality, office, commercial, transport, residential, retail and regeneration and civic projects. Ranging from small heritage buildings to massive complex mixed-use projects and large scale master plans.
Spearheads international assignments to and from Middle East & Africa, ensuring employees are mobilised in a fair, timely and compliant manner.
Contributes to IA projects designed to improve the operating model and service delivery across Middle East and Africa, and the Atkins group.
- Manages assignments through the assignment lifecycle. This would be assignments into and out of Middle East and Africa. This includes:
- Advise business on appropriate IA approaches
- Advise assignment packages, documentation and costings
- Brief assignees on policy and process
- Support assignees during the assignment
- Liaison with home and host country HR and other internal stakeholders e.g. tax, immigration & payroll.
- Manage third party vendors e.g. destination services.
- Works with regional and Group stakeholders to find effective solutions to mobilisation issues
- Delivers projects to improve assignment activities and to respond to changing mobility requirements
- Works with resourcing team to support project mobilisation activities where this requires employees from within the Group
- Acts as subject matter expert in IA matters, to respond to enquiries received from HR and line managers across the region or from other regions
- Ensure timely responses and consistent advise is provided to employees
- Manages IA intranet site for Middle East & Africa
- Develops cordial work relations and trust with business and IA colleagues across regions
- Reponsible for educating and training new members and handling day to day improvements, modifications and queries
- Contributes to future plans, actions and priorities of IA function in the organisation
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related subject
- Demonstrable experience of 4 to 6 years in managing IA lifecycle and processes
- Understanding of tax and social security associated with international assignments
- Strong analytical skills and numerically competent
- Experience of using IA tools e.g. for preparing balance sheet salary calculations
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Resilient and can maintain enthusiasm and commitment to deliver results in face of difficulties
- Ability to adapt style to different audiences and cultural differences, and influence where appropriate