As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Working as part of the HR Team, you will be responsible for providing an effective and proactive HR support service to employees and managers.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Organising the delivery of numerous classroom based learning programmes and the various logistical components which support this using regional admin resource where appropriate (liaising with candidates, organising refreshments, booking venues, invites, tutors etc).
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders (L&D Manager, HRBP’s, SHRA’s), and the external learning partners of the organisation (where appropriate).
- Maintenance of appropriate systems for candidate attendance, feedback and reporting (LMS).
- Management of course waiting lists to maximise attendance and financial efficiency of course.
- Deal with employee enquiries around learning and manage suitable responses in a timely manner.
- Dealing with one off external learning requests – booking courses, dealing with suppliers and handling invoices.
- Provide administrative support including printing, collation and distribution of course materials.
- Accurate recording of employee training records on HR System.
- Production of reports from Oracle HR System.
- Update HR System and e-file employee PDRs by liaising with HRConnect.
- Strong experience of learning and development or HR administration
- Strong computer skills across the full range of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of process adherence
- An ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines with limited supervision
- A professional manner and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise and balance conflicting priorities
- Able to use own initiative with a flexible “can-do” attitude and approach
- Confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive situations with discretion and diplomacy
- A good understanding of data protection
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy when inputting and interpreting data
- Be willing and able to work closely with others, be they company, supplier or customer and promote good relationships and team-working
- Demonstrates a commercial awareness around costs, and strives for value for money in relation to the organisation of training.
- Experience of using Oracle HR system
- Experience of using L&D management software
- The L&D Administrator will demonstrate the behaviours and values expected within HR Operations:
- To demonstrate a collaborative style when working with all other HR services lines. To include inviting others to appropriate meetings, involvement in cases, projects and initiatives where they can make a valuable contribution or for development purposes
- Be proactive in sharing knowledge and lessons learned from day-to-day, cyclical and project activities
- Be proactive in taking steps to understanding what the business and other HR service lines do
- To act as a role model for others by setting the example of building good relationships with all clients and stakeholders
- Build trust from HR and clients by being credible by acting professionally and getting things right first time.